YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 08.20.14 | 

Communities >> King George

Pages: 1
Ajs_Momma08
FUG Freshman

Reged: 07/27/09
R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring
      #1505289 - 07/27/09 02:08 PM (138.162.8.57)

You both will be truly missed. I pray that God gives the Family peace as they go through these hard times.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jrs99
FUG Freshman

Reged: 10/17/07
Re: R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring [Re: Ajs_Momma08]
      #1506582 - 07/31/09 02:28 PM (138.162.8.57)

A 5yr old boy not in a seatbelt?!?!...and no charges filed?
WTF?
Why was this child not in a car seat or at the very least in a seat belt? Sounds like an inexperienced driver flying down a back road. I live right off Indiantown and don't see how this could have happened unless the driver was doing things she shouldn't have been. vehicular manslaughter seems very fitting in this case.

NixyGirl
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 07/01/03
Loc: Unionville
Re: R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring [Re: jrs99]
      #1506589 - 07/31/09 02:55 PM (24.125.240.193)

The ultimate sacraifice was given for her mistake. Leave it alone.

Maxsmom64
Super FUG

Reged: 08/21/08
Loc: King George
      #1506598 - 07/31/09 04:00 PM (65.210.16.2)

You are an ass. Who are they gonna charge? The driver lost her life in this accident. Get the facts before you post.

Jerk!

Just so you know I live on 206 and it is dangerous as well as Indiantown Road. If you live on Indiantown as you say you should know that. Hope you don't have an unfortunate accident. And BTW--that's why they are called accidents.
And no, I do not know the family but my heart goes out to them all especially having to read [*d`oh!*] like this!

--------------------
Never trust sheep....there's probably a wolf under there somewhere

typingmom
FUG Freshman

Reged: 05/12/09
Re: R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring [Re: Maxsmom64]
      #1506605 - 07/31/09 04:13 PM (72.171.0.148)

According to the article in the FLS, the driver survived and it wasn't Ms. Gohring.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2009/072009/07272009/482329

The two passengers who died in a single-car accident Saturday afternoon in King George County were not wearing seat belts.

Virginia State Police Sgt. Thomas Molnar identified the victims as 23-year-old Jessica Ruth Gohring of Bronx, N.Y., and her nephew, 5-year-old Michael A. Gohring of King George.

Molnar said the crash occurred on Indiantown Road (State Route 610), just south of Sherwood Forest Drive, at about 3:20 p.m.

He said a 2005 Pontiac G6 driven by 23-year-old Laura Grandilli of Bronx, N.Y., ran off the road into a ditch and overturned, and the 5-year-old was ejected from the vehicle.

Jessica Gohring died at the scene. Michael Gohring died at Inova Fairfax Hospital.

Molnar said two other people in the car suffered injuries, but none considered life-threatening.

No charges have been filed at this time.

jrs99
FUG Freshman

Re: R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring [Re: Maxsmom64]
      #1517815 - 09/09/09 11:05 AM (138.162.8.58)

Yes, I am an ass...I am an ass who is deeply saddened by the sensless loss of a young child that could have probably been prevented had he been in a car seat which is required by law.
Law broken, child dies because driver broke the law...and I'm the bad guy for speaking the truth.
Quote:

Get the facts before you post.

Lol...

MachBuster
FUG Senior

Reged: 01/04/08
      #1518230 - 09/10/09 01:35 AM (98.218.217.68)

Yes you are an ass because almost six weeks after the fact you felt you needed to lecture the rest of us. OK, yes, maybe wearing seatbelts would have produced a different outcome. Probably, maybe. Perhaps not, but if given the chance I'd prefer wearing them.

That being said, why you chose to revive this sad thread after several weeks after the funeral and burial strikes me me as nothing more than a narrow minded, prosecuterial minded, mean spirited, moral police modeled way of making your self feel important. Accept the sadness of the outcome as its own regrettable method of punishment that you seem to want to prosecute. There is nothing in this story that merits your cold hearted "LOL". Let's just pray that you and your family never find yourself on the receiving end of heartless comments such as yours. Learn some manners if you are on a mission to speak the truth and do it with PM's.

Crawl back under your self appointed morality police rock and stay there.

jrs99
FUG Freshman

Re: R.I.P. Jessica and Little Michael Gohring [Re: MachBuster]
      #1518441 - 09/10/09 01:33 PM (138.162.8.58)

The LOL was simply for the poster telling me to "get my facts straight" when in fact they apparently need to work on their own reading comprehension.
Cold hearted I am not. I am sorry you over sensitive types can't face the fact that a young child died due to the driver's neglegence and disreguard for common sense and safety.
It drives me nuts when I see young children not restrained properly. 5 year olds in no car seat, sitting in someone's lap, etc...
Yeah I'm insensitive but maybe someone will get the point and properly restrain their child and a life can be saved.
bash me all you want I really don't give a s**t. My kids were in a head on collision on 218 and thanks to being in car seats and seat belts they suffered nothing more than a bruise from the seat belt.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5609

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com