YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 10.21.14 | 

Consumer >> Pets

Pages: 1
Idontknow
FUG Freshman

Reged: 04/24/06
9 year old German Shepered
      #959592 - 06/17/06 11:57 AM (72.9.10.74)

I have a 9 year old(the way she acts you would thank she was a puppy) femal (who has been fixed) german sheperd she is having like a blater control problom. One day she was laying on the soffa after going outside and peeing when she got up there was a wet spot, pee. This has been going on for about 3 years or so. We cant seem to find a CHEEP local vet (in KG)andy body know what we can do? Please help I have had her since I was like...6. PLease Help!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SanMan
Super FUG

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: White Oak
Re: 9 year old German Shepered [Re: Idontknow]
      #959594 - 06/17/06 12:02 PM (68.110.248.71)

Quote:

I have a 9 year old(the way she acts you would thank she was a puppy) femal (who has been fixed) german sheperd she is having like a blater control problom. One day she was laying on the soffa after going outside and peeing when she got up there was a wet spot, pee. This has been going on for about 3 years or so. We cant seem to find a CHEEP local vet (in KG)andy body know what we can do? Please help I have had her since I was like...6. PLease Help!

Quite often it's a hormonal thing. We have a female that had the same problem, vet put her on medication and all's fine now.

As far as a cheap vet, one office visit and buying the meds might be all it takes. If it's the same thing I mentioned above, you start with a pill one a day for a week or so, then one pill every five days.

GoodVibes
FUG Professional

Reged: 02/07/04
Re: 9 year old German Shepered [Re: SanMan]
      #959778 - 06/18/06 08:32 AM (72.73.25.7)

Our spayed female also has a "leaking" problem. It was explained to me, by the Vet, that a weakness occurs in the muscles that controls their ability to "shut off" completely. Oddly enough, this is generally caused by the spay proceedure.

She too is on a medication. Proin...it's a chewable, she get 1/2 tablet every morning. Must taste ok, because she gobbles it down.

Hopefully, that is the problem you are experiencing with your shepherd. Best of luck.

Oh...I really don't think there is such a thing as a cheap Vet!

Hurdleguru
Super FUG

Reged: 10/25/03
Re: 9 year old German Shepered [Re: GoodVibes]
      #960153 - 06/19/06 09:20 AM (162.83.104.81)

Cheap vets? Sorry but my vet charges $35 for an office visit and I don't consider that expensive. My general physcian charges $80 for 30 min appt.

Dr. Caggiano at Ferry Farm Animal Hospital is awesome. I love her.

hokisteph5
FUG Honcho

Reged: 02/22/05
Re: 9 year old German Shepered [Re: Hurdleguru]
      #960475 - 06/19/06 04:44 PM (69.174.39.137)

While I was at the vet's office today for my dog's ears, I read the July issue of "Dog Fancy." It had an article in there about bladder incontinence in dogs and some of the options available to control or get rid of the problem. If you get a chance, you may want to pick-up a copy or see if the article's available online.

--------------------
That only makes sense because you're using teenager logic. - George Lopez

yayagirl
FUG Addict

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: in my backyard
Re: 9 year old German Shepered [Re: Idontknow]
      #960536 - 06/19/06 06:21 PM (71.240.237.248)

You should probably get your dog in soon as you can. This may be a bladder problem (long-term resulting in urinary or becoming more severe as in diabetes or renal failure. Your dog may require a special diet... Try this link... web page

I believe there are 2 Vet clinics that are members of the AAHA (helping pets fund)

--------------------
"The road in life is littered with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1462

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com