YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 04.24.14 | 

The hot seat >> Religion

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 02/06/10
Loc: North of the James
Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!?
      #1686955 - 07/22/12 10:15 AM (184.153.242.54)

Is James Holmes an Atheist?

What do we know about him?

1)He loves science.

It's common knowledge that atheists generally place science as the pinnicale of human studies. Does this warrant suspecting Holmes is an atheist. The problem is that those who go into this field do so without a well rounded education. They lack understanding of the other disciplines of knowledge. Hence many scientists become materialists and atheists.

2)He was a Phd candidate in Neuro-science.

An interest in the mind coupled with the materialist bent calls into question free-will and truth. Many who deal with this issues through the atheist paradigm come to unsettling conclusions.

This fact doesn't mean James Holmes was an atheist, but it suggests he struggled with this question, "what is the real meaning of life?" If there is no God...is it all CHAOS?

*He called himself the "Joker" upon his arrest.

This is the point that compels me to think he is an atheist.

I have argued many times before that the "Joker" seen in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is someone who takes atheism to it's logical conclusion.

Click the links to see the arguments for this point, which I made some time ago:

Why the "Joker" is a true believing atheist.

Agents of Chaos

Why so serious?

I know the militant atheists like Bob and Pasta will try to change the subject and whine that I want to round up all atheists and place them in camps and claim I'm a Facist.

I'm not and I don't. People must have the freedom to believe what they believe.

However, that freedom doesn't mean their beliefs are free from scrutiny and criticism. The evils of their belief and how those beliefs adversely affect the person and society must be considered in order to help others see atheism is not a rational position, it is the least rational belief a person can hold.

I am convinced atheism is indeed an evil and that its logical outworking is deterimental to the individual and society. History has shown us time and time again that when atheists come into power, they are the most dangerous of people.

Just look at the atheists on this forum, consider how many of them attack theists and try to hurt people emotionally for what they believe.

I believe James Holmes is just one more example of someone seduced by the materialist rheotoric of atheism. He used his intelligence to consider what atheism really means, he looked into the abyss--that is atheism--and went mad, and like the Joker wanted everyone to look into the abyss with him.

That is no Joke.

I'm interested to see how this unfolds. Am I right about Holmes?

We shall see.

--------------------
Clovis: "nothing in this world is more valuable than a human being."

BBC's rebuttal: "Defend your empty claim."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Minx
stranger

Reged: 02/21/07
Loc: Stafford
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Clovis]
      #1686959 - 07/22/12 10:29 AM (98.175.167.150)

12 people are dead and countless others are injured and all you're interested in is proving your trolly little point. Go crawl back under your rock and give these people time to mourn.

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 08/13/08
Loc: Fredericksburg
      #1686961 - 07/22/12 10:43 AM (66.87.105.248)

Quote:

1)He loves science.

It's common knowledge that atheists generally place science as the pinnicale of human studies. Does this warrant suspecting Holmes is an atheist. The problem is that those who go into this field do so without a well rounded education. They lack understanding of the other disciplines of knowledge. Hence many scientists become materialists and atheists.

An interest in the mind coupled with the materialist bent calls into question free-will and truth. Many who deal with this issues through the atheist paradigm come to unsettling conclusions.

This fact doesn't mean James Holmes was an atheist, but it suggests he struggled with this question, "what is the real meaning of life?" If there is no God...is it all CHAOS?

I have argued many times before that the "Joker" seen in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is someone who takes atheism to it's logical conclusion.

Click the links to see the arguments for this point, which I made some time ago:

Agents of Chaos

Why so serious?

I know the militant atheists like Bob and Pasta will try to change the subject and whine that I want to round up all atheists and place them in camps and claim I'm a Facist.

I'm not and I don't. People must have the freedom to believe what they believe.

However, that freedom doesn't mean their beliefs are free from scrutiny and criticism. The evils of their belief and how those beliefs adversely affect the person and society must be considered in order to help others see atheism is not a rational position, it is the least rational belief a person can hold.

I am convinced atheism is indeed an evil and that its logical outworking is deterimental to the individual and society. History has shown us time and time again that when atheists come into power, they are the most dangerous of people.

Just look at the atheists on this forum, consider how many of them attack theists and try to hurt people emotionally for what they believe.

I believe James Holmes is just one more example of someone seduced by the materialist rheotoric of atheism. He used his intelligence to consider what atheism really means, he looked into the abyss--that is atheism--and went mad, and like the Joker wanted everyone to look into the abyss with him.

That is no Joke.

We shall see.

Quoted lest you edit this example of what a despicable and desperate lowlife bigot you are. If anyone cares to research multiple homicides in the USA and report on religious affiliations of the perps, dandy. I don't expect it will show a preponderance of atheists, do you, Clovis? Care to wager on the most well represented religion among them? How would your hatelogic deal with the dissonance when you find it's not atheists? Oh right, The Nile.

Unless you make a complete investigation, all you are doing is milking human misery in order to gloat - you are standing atop a pile of dead innocents, gloating. How christ-like.

PS If you were an atheist with the reverse argument and assumptions, you would still be a despicable troll, gloating atop the corpses of innocents. Disgusting, but not too surprising that you can't tell why.

--------------------
Have you the brain worms?!?!

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Minx]
      #1686964 - 07/22/12 10:59 AM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

12 people are dead and countless others are injured and all you're interested in is proving your trolly little point. Go crawl back under your rock and give these people time to mourn.

Minx, you obviously do not understand how the internet works.

The grieving process of the families of the victims is in no way interrupted by my post.

To suggest otherwise is utterly stupid.

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: True_Bob]
      #1686966 - 07/22/12 11:18 AM (184.153.242.54)

Why in the world would I want to edit the content of my argument.

Believing Atheism is evil is not bigotry, anymore than believing Nazism is evil, or Communism is evil.

You're just a sucker for ad hominem arguments. Aren't you?

There is absolutely nothing in my post to apologize for. This tragedy is something everyone is concerned about. What caused this tragedy?

I speculate it is atheism.

This tragic event perfectly resonates with what I said last year about the "Joker" being an atheist who followed the logical conclusion of believing there is no God.

I believe this guy, James Holmes, is also an atheist, who came to this conclusion and the "Joker" was a fictional character he could perfectly relate to.

And like the Atheist Joker, he wanted to show "Gotham" that life really has no meaning, he wanted to convert everyone to his world view. He was "sending a message."

You and your fellow atheists love to send messages too about how "stupid" religious beliefs are. Thank God, you guys haven't allowed the atheistic "idea" lead you as far down the garden path as it has led kids like Dylan Klebold and potentially James Holmes.

Atheism is evil. I'm curious to see if Holmes is an atheist.

I'm betting my bottom dollar he is. At the very least, he bought into the atheist worldview as told by the Joker in "the Dark Knight."

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

#1686967 - 07/22/12 11:27 AM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

Unless you make a complete investigation, all you are doing is milking human misery in order to gloat - you are standing atop a pile of dead innocents, gloating.

No, I'm not gloating. I'm trying to capitalize on a point that I believe is of the utmost importance.

People are apathetic about the rise of secularism. I've been warning people of the dangers of atheism. And my point about the "Joker" which I made last year, is now hit home for all of us.

It isn't fiction, it's real. And I believe atheism is a key factor in this.

You better pray to the Magical Life Giving Firecracker that this James Holmes isn't an atheist. Because if he is, you're going to be hearing hearing about it.

--------------------

senor
FUG Honcho

Reged: 06/26/07
      #1686984 - 07/22/12 01:34 PM (72.73.16.96)

1) Articles have said he was heavily involved in the local Presbyterian church.

2) go f.uck yourself.

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1686985 - 07/22/12 01:42 PM (66.87.104.165)

What a fail you are.

I believe that christianity makes people evil.

Anders Breivik.

That's one, responsible for more deaths than your latest fascination.

I believe Seminary makes murderers.

Stalin went to seminary, then he became a murderous despot.

Your logic is not logic, it is hate rationalization.

Also, your "logic" says plenty about you - someone is interested in science, they must be atheist. Obviously you are unhealthily obsessed, and looking for any rationalization to justify the hate that keeps you so warm.

Keep posting, I forget what inhumanity looks like when you're away.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 03/11/10
Loc: Van Down by the River
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Minx]
      #1686992 - 07/22/12 02:12 PM (71.117.31.190)

Quote:

crawl back under your rock

edit to cover ass> It just seems so out of character for you.

Edited by StaffordLarry (07/22/12 02:30 PM)

IndependentBoof
FUG Addict

Reged: 08/04/05
      #1686994 - 07/22/12 02:37 PM (71.171.34.218)

I'm not even Atheist, but this post is offensive and I know you can do better than this, Clovis. All you've done is speculated based on gross generalizations and used specious reasoning to come to a conclusion. No, you haven't even used it to come to a conclusion, instead you just tried to validate a conclusion you already believed. It just demonstrates a poor understanding of logic and reason.

Even more so, it is also in quite poor taste that you're trying to capitalize on a tragedy to win some points in your battle against the Atheist boogeyman.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

Reged: 06/23/06
Loc: Mars (duhhh)
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: StaffordLarry]
      #1686995 - 07/22/12 02:42 PM (71.161.46.50)

--------------------
"I'm no expert on China" ~Max Baucus, US Ambassador to China

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 03/11/10
Loc: Van Down by the River
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: john1315]
      #1686996 - 07/22/12 03:00 PM (71.117.31.190)

Ya gotta read all of it, fer sure.

--------------------
I refuse to explain things to liberals, I'm not the Jackass Whisperer.

bbc
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 03/04/04
      #1687002 - 07/22/12 07:50 PM (24.254.95.158)

Quote:

Probably it's best if I am the first to tell you of these things you apparently did not know: The Batman series is fiction, and "The Joker" is not a real person who can actually take an idea "to it's [sic] logical conclusion."

Don't feel bad - Dan Quayle made a very similar mistake and he was waaaay smarter than you.

--------------------
Clovis is again making noises about having me banned. So if you see me suddenly seeming unnaturally quiet and unresponsive...

Pastafari
Super FUG

Reged: 03/15/10
      #1687003 - 07/22/12 08:09 PM (173.72.166.96)

Quote:

1)He loves science.

It's common knowledge that atheists generally place science as the pinnicale of human studies.

So?

Quote:

Does this warrant suspecting Holmes is an atheist.

Maybe. Not that his being an atheist or not makes what's about to follow from you any less stupid.

Quote:

The problem is that those who go into this field do so without a well rounded education.

Citation needed.

Quote:

They lack understanding of the other disciplines of knowledge.

Citation needed.

Quote:

Hence many scientists become materialists and atheists.

There is nothing "well-rounded" about believing in the wrong answers to the questions that scientists investigate day in an day out.

Quote:

An interest in the mind coupled with the materialist bent calls into question free-will and truth.

How so?

Quote:

Many who deal with this issues through the atheist paradigm come to unsettling conclusions.

How many? What conclusions? Where are you getting this "information"?

Quote:

This fact doesn't mean James Holmes was an atheist, but it suggests he struggled with this question, "what is the real meaning of life?"

So?

Quote:

If there is no God...is it all CHAOS?

Is it? I think there are no gods, and I don't think it's all chaos. I can't think of any atheists that I know who think it's chaos.

Quote:

What does his attendance at a Presbyterian church tell you?

Quote:

Is this your analysis, or someone else's?

Quote:

Agents of Chaos

Why so serious?

Or we could just destroy your argument, like usual.

Quote:

I'm not and I don't.

Not yet, anyway.

Quote:

People must have the freedom to believe what they believe.

However, that freedom doesn't mean their beliefs are free from scrutiny and criticism.

HAA!!!! The irony!!!

Quote:

The evils of their belief and how those beliefs adversely affect the person and society must be considered in order to help others see atheism is not a rational position, it is the least rational belief a person can hold.

OWWWW my sides!! Crackers turning into meat is MUCH more rational than crackers staying crackers.

Quote:

I am convinced atheism is indeed an evil and that its logical outworking is deterimental to the individual and society.

Meanwhile, some of the most socially conscious people these days are atheists...

Quote:

History has shown us time and time again that when atheists come into power, they are the most dangerous of people.

Most dangerous, right behind religious zealots. Zealots whose death tolls were only limited by their day's technology.

Quote:

We attack the ideas. Except for you. You haven't earned the respect to not be attacked personally.

Quote:

Why is not believing in gods any more of an abyss than not believing in the loch ness monster? Neither is real, and I don't see too many people getting bent out of shape about things that are not real.

Quote:

That is no Joke.

Are you sure?

Quote:

Not likely, but we'll see.

Quote:

We shall see.

Yes, thanks, I already said that.

--------------------
"If these guys are in control, then they're doing things right." -Rally2xs

Pastafari
Super FUG

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: bbc]
      #1687004 - 07/22/12 08:10 PM (173.72.166.96)

Quote:

Probably it's best if I am the first to tell you of these things you apparently did not know: The Batman series is fiction, and "The Joker" is not a real person who can actually take an idea "to it's [sic] logical conclusion."

You're talking to a guy who can't differentiate between fiction and non-fiction to begin with.

--------------------

bbc
FUGmaster Flash

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Pastafari]
      #1687006 - 07/22/12 08:17 PM (24.254.95.158)

A most excellent post, sir.

Thank you for reading his in detail and replying - I'm busy having beers right now, so best if I mostly just observe from up here in the peanut gallery.

bbc
FUGmaster Flash

#1687007 - 07/22/12 08:19 PM (24.254.95.158)

Quote:

Quote:

You're talking to a guy who can't differentiate between fiction and non-fiction to begin with.

Hmm, now that you mention it, that could be an impediment for him.
I recall now being advised long ago to avoid giving voice lessons to swine...

--------------------
Clovis is again making noises about having me banned. So if you see me suddenly seeming unnaturally quiet and unresponsive...

bbc
FUGmaster Flash

#1687009 - 07/22/12 08:34 PM (24.254.95.158)

Quote:

He described himself as an agnostic.

Huh, "militant agnostic".
Is that some kind of oxymoron?
"I can't make up my mind, but I'm going to kill every mother-[*d`oh!*] who contradicts me!"

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 12/08/09
      #1687010 - 07/22/12 10:38 PM (72.209.213.198)

Apparently you haven't seen the episode of South Park where Kenny gets sent to an agnostic foster home.

Sipowitz
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Sipowitz]
      #1687012 - 07/22/12 10:47 PM (72.209.213.198)

QR: Seriously, folks. Why do you give this worse-than-troll human scum the attention he wants?

He would commit genocide with the touch of a button given the chance and should not be taken seriously in the least.

Also, if you really want to ding him on this stuff just mention two words: Anders Breivik.

Palehorse
Mega FUG

Reged: 05/12/03
Loc: Tone
      #1687014 - 07/23/12 06:15 AM (65.210.63.19)

The difference between the athesists/agnostics (well, everyone else, really) and you is they know when to show some compassion and common decency.

Even I, a sociopathic, who cannot empathise with how others feel at least will give condolences and respect the feelings of others in times of mourning.

You remind me of the critical gay bashers who, in the end, turn out to be flaming homosexuals themselves. Is that the case with you? Are you really an atheist/agnostic and you're trying to divert the attention away from your feelings with all of this rhetoric and tripe?

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Palehorse]
      #1687015 - 07/23/12 06:55 AM (155.178.4.10)

It is quite likely that he is a trolling self-hating atheist in denial. He denies transubstantiation, thus all divinity of the Christ, so there you go.

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

#1687032 - 07/23/12 11:41 AM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

Anders Breivik.

Let's look at the words of Anders:

Quote:

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment"; regarding the term "cultural Christian" which he says means preserving European culture, he notes "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[

According to Anders himself "secularism" (atheism) was a serious influence.

You suck at this.

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

#1687034 - 07/23/12 11:49 AM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

Quote:

Don't feel bad - Dan Quayle made a very similar mistake and he was waaaay smarter than you.

Aristotle states in Poetics

"Art is an imitation of life."

The Joker is a fictional charater who perfectly sums up what the logical outworking of atheism looks like.

Shallow thinks, like yourself, take the belief "there is no God" to justify your unwillingness to accept traditional morals and conventions.

Atheists who really think about the significance of what atheism really often become real life monsters.

I suspect Holmes is just one more.

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: IndependentBoof]
      #1687035 - 07/23/12 12:00 PM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

I'm not even Atheist, but this post is offensive

Why are you offended? The religion forum is located in the category called "The Hot Seat."

Quote:

All you've done is speculated

I know that and stated as much, with respect to Holmes.

Quote:

based on gross generalizations and used specious reasoning to come to a conclusion.

What aspects were "gross" and what parts of my reasoning were "specious"?

Quote:

No, you haven't even used it to come to a conclusion, instead you just tried to validate a conclusion you already believed.

What are you referring to?

Quote:

It just demonstrates a poor understanding of logic and reason.

How so?

Quote:

Even more so, it is also in quite poor taste that you're trying to capitalize on a tragedy to win some points in your battle against the Atheist boogeyman.

It's only tastes bad to those who are under the impression atheism is not evil.

--------------------

Clovis
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Palehorse]
      #1687036 - 07/23/12 12:04 PM (184.153.242.54)

Quote:

The difference between the athesists/agnostics (well, everyone else, really) and you is they know when to show some compassion and common decency.

Even I, a sociopathic, who cannot empathise with how others feel at least will give condolences and respect the feelings of others in times of mourning.

What are you talking about?

I've never said anything about you.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1687037 - 07/23/12 12:13 PM (155.178.4.10)

Quote:

Quote:

Anders Breivik.

Let's look at the words of Anders:

Quote:

"I'm not going to pretend I'm a very religious person, as that would be a lie", calls religion a crutch and a source for drawing mental strength, and says "I've always been very pragmatic and influenced by my secular surroundings and environment"; regarding the term "cultural Christian" which he says means preserving European culture, he notes "It is enough that you are a Christian-agnostic or a Christian-atheist (an atheist who wants to preserve at least the basics of the European Christian cultural legacy...)"[

According to Anders himself "secularism" (atheism) was a serious influence.

You suck at this.

You want to talk about suck? Damn you're a glutton.

As you wrote above, "let's look" at what Anders Breivik himself wrote:

Quote:

I consider myself to be 100 percent Christian.

Awsnap! You can never take that away from him, haterboy.

Keep writing about the suck, the irony cracks me up!

PS "secularism" is not the same as atheism. Write about suck some more! Keep showing us what a colossal and hateful idiot you are.

PPS Unlike you, I am not serious, I am merely reversing your moronic arguments to show how vapidly stupid they are - and they are extremely stupid. See, I don't actually believe it was his Christianity that made Breivik go on a killing spree. But you DO believe your equally idiotic thesis.

Also, as has been pointed out, you work from your conclusion - massive logic fail.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1687038 - 07/23/12 12:27 PM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aristotle states in Poetics

"Art is an imitation of life."

The Joker is a fictional charater who perfectly sums up what the logical outworking of atheism looks like.

Proof? Nope, just your hate driven claims. You must be so very lonely. You will even go back to your ridiculous "logic" outworking nonsense (scare quotes because you don't use logic, you predetermine the desired outcome and create a string of stupidity that you think is logic. But it isn't, it's an example of bad logic.). But your "logical" outworking is demonstrably wrong. It's the same sort of logic I could apply to show why every christian thinks killing is good (but it's so damned stupid, I would be embarassed to post it as if I believed it. Thankfully you are not embarassed by your stupidity.).

Quote:

Shallow thinks, like yourself, take the belief "there is no God" to justify your unwillingness to accept traditional morals and conventions.

So wrong. Traditional morals and conventions do not all rely on god beliefsduh. Man, do they let you up and about without your helmet on? They shouldn't, that would be neglect.

Quote:

Atheists who really think about the significance of what atheism really often become real life monsters.

You have supporting data? How often is "often"? I know the answer - whenever you say it does. You have no data, just confidently ignorant bigotry. You really are making yourself look stupider here. Keep posting!

Quote:

Well, you "suspect" him to be atheist based on outrageously loose and specious reasoning (especially in the face of his Presbyterianism). I didn't expect you to make yourself look stupider still, but you have.

/Slow clap

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mystical FUG Sage

#1687039 - 07/23/12 01:14 PM (140.147.233.105)

If you haven't, you should read Breivik's manifest.

Seems to make the exact same arguments using the exact same "logic" as our pal here on certain social issues. Hmmmm, I wonder if they're giving him access to a computer over there. I hear he has his own cell block and forced friends.

peabody
Super FUG

Reged: 11/07/02
Loc: at the end of the rainbow
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: Sipowitz]
      #1687059 - 07/23/12 04:14 PM (65.38.93.2)

QR: Just when I thought clovis had posted the ultimate in hate and ignorance, he comes on here and tops himself.

All I can say is: If there was a god, he would immediately send clovis to the deepest pit of hell for bastardizing his works.

IndependentBoof
FUG Addict

Reged: 08/04/05
      #1687075 - 07/23/12 08:13 PM (108.15.214.247)

Quote:

Why are you offended? The religion forum is located in the category called "The Hot Seat."

It is offensive not because of its content, but its context. You are using a tragedy to try to levy an argument (and not really a relevant argument at that). It would even be in poor taste if someone tried to capitalize on the tragedy to make an argument for or against gun control -- and that argument is at least somewhat relevant. Just a couple days ago, a dozen people were murdered by a stranger and instead of showing respect to those lost, you saw it as an opportunity to gain some points for your ideology. Do you see why that might reflect badly on you?

It actually reminds me of a conversation I had a few weeks ago from a friend of mine. I hadn't seen him in years, but he was a good friend in college and he shared very similar political and religious ideologies as you do (from what I know about you both). However, he expressed how he was coming to an epiphany from his experience with a church he attended for years. As he put it, he was feeling disillusioned because "it seems like they are only concerned about peoples' souls, and not the people themselves."

The sentiment seems to be reflected in your argument as well. There was a tragedy which should as a society bring us together to mourn, support their friends and families, and show respect for their loss. Instead, you immediately took advantage to be divisive and try to score religious points.

That is what bothers me most -- it is a sort of disrespect that makes the Westboro Baptist Church and politicians who try to capitalize on tragedy so infamous.

However, your argument is also very weak. It is based on speculation, which is never a good way to start an argument. If your premise is ill-supported and very possibly false, an alarm should go off in your head that says, "I don't have much of an argument if this is what I'm depending on."

In this case, I hope it has served as an opportunity for you to learn that lesson. As it turns out, your speculation (that the serial killer was an atheist just because of his occupation) was wrong. To the contrary, he actively participated in church. As a result, your whole argument crumbles because you made this irresponsible speculation.

Your assumptions didn't end there. Your whole argument used ill-supported assumption on top of ill-supported assumption. Doing so is "specious reasoning" as I put it before. Even if I ignored the distaste in your capitalizing on tragedy, your argument is just plain-out weak... and it turns out, quickly debunked.

--------------------

Pastafari
Super FUG

#1687076 - 07/23/12 08:22 PM (173.72.166.96)

Quote:

Maybe that's what your logic tells you about atheism, but there are plenty of thinks[sic] who are much smarter than you who don't find that to be "the" logical outworking of atheism at all.

Quote:

Which tradition? Only recent ones, in your mind. Meanwhile, the "traditional morals and conventions" that you would hold everyone to are themselves evolutions of prior traditional morals and conventions. Do you know why? Because morals change.

Quote:

How often? How do you know what they're thinking? Or are you talking out of your ass again?

Quote:

So what? Even if he is an atheist, that does absolutely NOTHING to prove that your god or any other is real. Your explanation for the way the world works is just as wrong no matter what Holmes was.

--------------------

silverspoon
FUG Professional

Reged: 08/23/07
Re: Was the Batman Killer an Atheist?!? [Re: IndependentBoof]
      #1687083 - 07/24/12 12:33 AM (71.63.22.123)

Clovis logic:

Pastafari
Super FUG

#1687265 - 07/26/12 09:33 PM (173.72.166.96)

The stupid is spreading...

Look familiar?

--------------------

bbc
FUGmaster Flash

#1687267 - 07/26/12 10:49 PM (24.254.95.158)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and proclaim that that article is slightly less stupid than what Clovis wrote. Why? Because they wrote less.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 9597

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com