YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 09.16.14 | 

Communities >> Fredericksburg

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MrMethane
FUG Graduate

Reged: 03/29/06
Loc: Romulak, VA
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: john1315]
      #1043202 - 12/20/06 11:08 PM (68.110.254.15)

Hmmmm Central Park and a bad experience -- that's about as much of a revelation as "Dog Bites Man". Now if you want some real news it would be the CP equivalent of "Man bites Dog" as in Central Park -- Good Experience. As in Panera Bread and Bailey's.

--------------------
If the speed limit on 95 is enforced by aircraft. How come they can't make everyone go faster ?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
junie
FUG Honcho

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: in the secret garden
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: MrMethane]
      #1043215 - 12/20/06 11:31 PM (69.72.102.187)

While there may be a few good sales associates like archy I must say Circuit City SUCKS! I called the CC in Central Park about a computer advertised in the newspaper and was told "Yes we have that and we"ll hold it for you", drove 50 miles to pick it up and it was the wrong one. The one advertised was not in their store. I had the sale advertisement in hand when I got there, however, the sales BOY gave me a gigantic attitude and walked away. I called corporate offices in Richmond a minute later, with little help. Never again....

--------------------
Good people make bad choices.

Voltron
stranger

Reged: 12/20/06
Loc: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of...
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Hurdleguru]
      #1043559 - 12/21/06 04:19 PM (75.75.106.208)

Quote:

But instead of having to deal with instore sales people you can still order it. And according to SEVERAL major retailers, they do not match their online prices. And if they do they won't honor coupons.

Yep, and for most folks smart enough to read the fine print, the coupons say "not valid with other offers." Meaning, you can get 10% off the original retail price, not our in store or online discounts.

What folks don't realize is that the in store or online discounts are normally equal to whatever the coupons they send out will get you off the original retail price.

American consumers are stupid.

--------------------
Fact: Pokemon are serving alongside U.S. troops right now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

archy
FUG Freshman

Reged: 02/27/04
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Voltron]
      #1044689 - 12/27/06 01:53 AM (70.174.154.175)

In response to junie, it is Circuit City's policy to NOT hold any product for a customer no matter what. Now what the sales associates can do is put the product on what is called a "saved ticket" which means that specific product will not be availiable for sale to anyone else for the period of about an hour. Im not even a "sales" person, but i still do find myself out on the sales floor helping customers the best that i can, and as much as i can. Heres a pointer for those of you that have had a bad expierence with any sales associate...go talk to a manager. believe it or not, when you go to a manager at CC, they WILL take action with any associate that was rude, or not helpful. And if the offending associate sees you going to talk to a manager, they get scared. I will admit, we do have some seasonal associates that are not up to par with the whole customer service thing, most of it is the "can do, wont do" attitude, and i apologize.

sdrake
stranger

Reged: 12/02/05
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: archy]
      #1044727 - 12/27/06 10:32 AM (141.116.226.32)

This happened about a year ago, but i havenít been back to CC since. I went there to buy a TV -- it was a pain to get anyone to help me to move it over to the counter so i could pay for it...but that didnít bother me -- there were only about 10 people in the store, but whatever...

What DID get me to stop going there was their bathroom. Some genius decided to rub Sh!t all over the walls of the stalls and sink. Used feminine products were all over the floor - it was disgusting. I told customer service and they didnít care, they just kept talking to each other about their boyfriends and laughed when I told them what was on the walls (mature, right). Me, i was just trying to keep the vomit down.

john1315Moderator
stranger

Reged: 06/23/06
Loc: Mars (duhhh)
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Voltron]
      #1044731 - 12/27/06 10:44 AM (71.161.47.230)

Quote:

American consumers are stupid.

Very possibly. But I'd like to point out that while CC and the vast majority of retailers staff their stores with inexperienced part time help (for the obvious reasons), they do however, employ extremely experienced and well payed lawyers, marketers, and accountants whose job it is to lure, decieve, and take advantage of, the stupid consumer.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet".~ Abraham Lincoln

archy
FUG Freshman

#1044843 - 12/27/06 08:46 PM (70.174.154.175)

sdrake...how big of a tv was it? if it was one that was on the floor, CC has flatbed carts that are located in the front of the store. Even so, i dont know why you couldnt find anyone to assist you. Since the last time you have been in, we have totally we designed our TV dept and have some pretty decent staff as well. The new Entertainment (TV) manager was previously a sales associate and knows how to treat customers. I think you should come on in and take a look at least, you may like it. About the bathroom issue, i can agree with you on that, one of my pet peeves is a disgusting restroom. Unfortunally CC only has a janitor in the mornings to clean the restrooms (outsourced), but as much as i like preventing customers with having a bad expierence, i am going to have to draw the line with cleaning up other peoples feces. I would have just put a sign up that said "closed"

Goin off the comment that another poster said about the american consumer being stupid, how about all the foreign consumers coming to the US to get good deals on electronics like dvd players, only to find out when they get it back to their country they cant play any of their movies because of their PAL format? thats just a start. As about the inexpierenced help...that would probably only hold true during the holiday season and they are put in depts where almost anyone could work i.e-sorting cds/games/movies. Every retail store needs extra holiday help to make up for that extra customer/associate ratio. Any other depts we make sure that the associates have a background in that field and are knowledgeable in that dept and of the product. I dont believe in the phrase "stupid consumer". Its our job to educate customers about products and services we offer regardless if they are a tech saavy person, or a "plain jane". I dont discriminate, i would want the same service i provide to customers as if i were the one purchasing a car, or something i dont know alot about.

VirginiaGal
FUG Freshman

Reged: 01/02/04
Loc: Virginia
      #1045332 - 12/29/06 12:12 PM (172.161.177.139)

So sad to hear Circuit City hasn't changed their ways in so many years - I stopped dealing with them back in 1998 when I purchased a computer there for my son heading off to college. When we got him to school, he set up the computer and simply could not get connected to the Internet (a fairly important issue for a college student). After numerous calls to the help desk, they told us to bring the computer back to the store to have it looked at. Weeks later, we were told that we had purchased an "Open Box" special buy and weren't eligible for service. The computer had been on sale, but no one had ever told us it was an "Open Box" purchase which I certainly wouldn't have made knowing in advance that these products though some are simply returns because of duplicates or just don't want the product - many are also customer returns that are returned for problems. We finally broke down and took the computer to a repair company that told us the hard drive was registered to another owner and there was some kind of internal conflict that could not be resolved (not being a computer techie, I unfortunately don't remember more details, this has been quite some time ago) But bottom line - Circuit City refused to stand behind their product. We finally ending up filing a complaint through Consumer Protection agency and over a year later, got our money back. Personally - I won't deal with a company that requires strong arm tactics like that to give decent customer service.

archy
FUG Freshman

Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: VirginiaGal]
      #1045400 - 12/29/06 07:53 PM (72.192.248.83)

when you purchased the pc, you didnt know it was an open box item? whenver circuit city sells open box computers, all you get with it is the tower, keyboard, mouse, and powercable..no box of anykind. which is weird that you didnt notice that walking out of the store with a computer that was out of the box. there are also tags that say "Open Box Value" or something similar on it, as well as your sales reciept. As far as the service goes, no matter if you buy a open box unit from us, it still bears a full 1 year manufacturers warranty.

nasmill2
FUG Professional

Reged: 02/13/03
Loc: Spotsylvania, Va
      #1045471 - 12/29/06 11:37 PM (12.64.6.173)

I am replying without my daughters permission but I think she will be ok with this because she likes to help people. She got a seasonal job at circuit city and has been asked to stay. She works the floor and is happy to help anyone looking for a CD or a computer game or anything else she has some knowledge of. If not then she would like to be able to direct you to someone who knows what you are asking about. By the way I do not work there and while I like people I am really not interested in having to deal with them on a retail basis. In the three weeks she has been working there she told me about one person who came twice. The first time she was able to help him and the second time he personally waited for her to help him again. He then went and filled out a card and stopped by to tell her he hoped she got a raise for the card he filled out. She was actually proud that she had been able help even though she know raises are given not because of the card but becuase of longevity on the job. I have worked in retial, managed retail and thank god I dont do it anymore. However one sales person or associate can make the experience for the customer. I will tell you I had a horrible experience with cc. However I had a worse one with Best Buy. I recieved a gift card from my sister for christmas and attempted to redeam it at there store. When I did it appeared that the card had been stolen. The manager appeared and refused to help me in any way. I asked them to call corporate and was told to deal with at the store the card was "stolen" from. My sister is in management at a bank and I obviously knew the card was not stolen. When I asked for help and STAYED at the store the manager refused help and accused me of trying to use the stolen card. I then went through the regional manager and eventually had to go through corporate. I will say that when everything was resolved I recieved a gift card in the same amount of the orginal gift card and was allowed to use the one that was "reported" stolen. I still shop there because of that. However the original manager was the least helpfull person I have ever had to deal with. About 13 years ago I bought a compter from CC and filled out the buy with no interest plan. I had perfect credit but was called about two weeks later and advised that interest would have to be paid. I explained the contract I had signed and they said so what. I paid them in cash and swore never to shop there again. I learned later that the credit you apply for is with a totally different company. I still swore that if CC was using them then it was there deal and I would never buy from them again. After the fiasco with BB I changed my mind. If you want good service ask for Amber if she on the floor. I will warn her you are coming if you choose to give CC another chance. However please be nice and dont take out your bad experience on her. If she is able help fill out a card, she loves the response. Buy thy way she is only a kid. I hope I am not putting to much on her. However I think she is great.

foggy
FUG Professional

Reged: 10/02/03
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: nasmill2]
      #1045571 - 12/30/06 11:19 AM (71.62.115.117)

Love CC and ALWAYS have great customer service. On the other hand, every time I enter Best Buy, it's too crowded, never enough associates to help with questions, and when I do actually find an associate...they don't know the product. CC associates have always been extremely informative and helpful.

Jinxy
FUG Honcho

Reged: 11/10/05
Loc: Second star to the right
      #1045686 - 12/30/06 10:00 PM (205.188.117.71)

Quote:

In response to junie, it is Circuit City's policy to NOT hold any product for a customer no matter what. Now what the sales associates can do is put the product on what is called a "saved ticket" which means that specific product will not be availiable for sale to anyone else for the period of about an hour. Im not even a "sales" person, but i still do find myself out on the sales floor helping customers the best that i can, and as much as i can. Heres a pointer for those of you that have had a bad expierence with any sales associate...go talk to a manager. believe it or not, when you go to a manager at CC, they WILL take action with any associate that was rude, or not helpful. And if the offending associate sees you going to talk to a manager, they get scared. I will admit, we do have some seasonal associates that are not up to par with the whole customer service thing, most of it is the "can do, wont do" attitude, and i apologize.

Unless her name is Allison...

--------------------
The difference between an adventure and a disaster is preparedness.

archy
FUG Freshman

Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Jinxy]
      #1045842 - 12/31/06 01:20 PM (72.192.248.83)

Allison is actually a customer service "lead" or supervisor. Manager wise, there are 5 managers at the store..Store Director, Operations, Technology, Entertainment, and Roadshop

Jinxy
FUG Honcho

Reged: 11/10/05
Loc: Second star to the right
      #1045909 - 12/31/06 09:23 PM (152.163.100.71)

Quote:

Allison is actually a customer service "lead" or supervisor. Manager wise, there are 5 managers at the store..Store Director, Operations, Technology, Entertainment, and Roadshop

Well, either way, that explains why it took the cashier 5 minutes to get a non-answer...

--------------------
The difference between an adventure and a disaster is preparedness.

nasmill2
FUG Professional

Reged: 02/13/03
Loc: Spotsylvania, Va
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Jinxy]
      #1046254 - 01/02/07 01:35 AM (12.65.78.24)

Even though I posted here before and should have gone to cc before best buy. I was closer to BB. I was looking for computer software to help defrag my hard disk and looked through everything they had. I was there for almost 40 minutes before I gave up trying to figure it out for myself. I went to CC and got my daughter. She was sorting DVDs. She helped me find a person in the computer section. They were not busy and two were working doing computer things. Immediatly the guy asked me what the problem was. I explained and he had an answer. I took home his suggestion and was able to defrag my disk from over 20,000 to 79. I will be filling out a card for him. By the way while I waiting I had two other people ask me if I needed help. While the guy was helping me he also asked another person if someone was helping him and offered to get someone. At BB not one person approached me in 40 minutes. I walked out of CC in 15.

Voltron
stranger

Reged: 12/20/06
Loc: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of...
      #1046508 - 01/02/07 03:19 PM (75.75.106.208)

Quote:

they do however, employ extremely experienced and well payed lawyers, marketers, and accountants whose job it is to lure, decieve, and take advantage of, the stupid consumer.

What? You mean like, they're doing this to reach the ultimate goal of a capitalistic society? To get rich at all costs? Nooooooooooo.

--------------------
Fact: Pokemon are serving alongside U.S. troops right now in Iraq and Afghanistan.

CynsCAG
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 10/30/03
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: redswin]
      #1048868 - 01/08/07 10:23 AM (131.182.172.122)

Speaking of Central Park....

We ate at Firehouse Subs the other day which is located next to the ABC store. All I can say is ...DELICIOUS!!!

--------------------
A relationship is what happens between two people who are waiting for something better to come along.

Stone32
FUG Junior

Reged: 11/27/04
Loc: Fredericksburg
      #1095732 - 04/07/07 08:11 AM (71.62.239.193)

If you want REALLY bad service, go to Best Buy in Central Park. You can stand there, try to flag down employees, walk to the register....never get help. I have left there three times after not getting any help and I made sure to let the manager know on the way out why I was leaving empty-handed. Those guys don't give a rat's ass whether they help you or not.

TLW
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 03/15/05
Loc: Under a Bridge
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: Stone32]
      #1095744 - 04/07/07 08:49 AM (72.86.45.56)

Quote:

If you want REALLY bad service, go to Best Buy in Central Park. You can stand there, try to flag down employees, walk to the register....never get help. I have left there three times after not getting any help and I made sure to let the manager know on the way out why I was leaving empty-handed. Those guys don't give a rat's ass whether they help you or not.

I bought an XM satellite radio there, and scheduled an install for a week or so later. I dropped car off at scheduled time, walked around the store for about 30 minutes, went through it's neighboring furniture store for a bit, walked over to Total Wine then returned. They hadn't even started on my car. I retrieved my keys and scheduled with Custom Wheels Boutique.

okelectronicsva
FUG Freshman

Reged: 04/14/12
      #1679472 - 04/14/12 09:17 AM (124.6.181.219)

Fairly new to the area,live in Fort Lauderdale. I am in need of a good TV repair shop. I have a 11/2 year SONY 60" projection TV that looses it's picture about every 15 minutes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

RichOnTheRoad
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 06/08/02
Loc: on the road
Re: Central Park - Bad experience [Re: okelectronicsva]
      #1679473 - 04/14/12 10:08 AM (98.163.64.89)

http://www.atlastvcenter.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13634

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com