YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 07.25.14 | 

Communities >> Westmoreland

Pages: 1
HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Reged: 04/23/09
Stealing going on
      #1525961 - 10/08/09 02:36 PM (96.233.208.233)

I posted this once already, is there a reason you don't want people to know what goes on here. It was my owne fault. I usually lock up the vehical, forgot last night. Glad there was nothing too expensive in it, just 80buck camera, belongs to Husbands company. I hope they take it to a pawn shop and get caught with it. Other wise, papers were strewn all over the inside, and three bucks was taken from the glove box, so much for gaining anything. I want to know why I did not know this was going on, neighbors just are not as friendly as I thought, I on the other hand decided to warn them, only to find out, they aleady got hit about 6 months ago. As a good neighbor, I intend to keep an eye out, why should this group or person get away with it, and what are the police doing at night, isn't there drive arounds all night. If this does not get posted, I also will have to wonder about that.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JaneyK
FUG Frequent Flyer

Reged: 01/23/04
Loc: Big Island, Virginia
Re: Stealing going on [Re: HenryDonald]
      #1527106 - 10/13/09 02:19 PM (38.103.42.150)

Debbers would have a field day editing your post.

--------------------
'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your a$$ tomorrow......'

masterbeater
Mega FUG

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Spotsylvania
      #1527109 - 10/13/09 02:32 PM (24.125.223.17)

That's why I drive a piece of sheet, nobody ever even looks at it. sorry you were robbed.

BeachBum
FUG Senior

Reged: 01/27/05
      #1527270 - 10/13/09 10:09 PM (71.253.242.162)

HenryDonald, I know how you must feel, but I must say, the officers ride by my house which is on a side street several times a night. Speaking from past law enforcement experience, it only takes a thief about 2 minutes to break into a vehicle, get what they want and be gone. The street officer can't be up at Bluff Point and down at Castlewood Park at the same time. We have a very good security system in town which only cost about $300.00, it is called Smith & Wessen.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: BeachBum]
      #1527539 - 10/14/09 03:55 PM (173.59.130.233)

, it only takes a thief about 2 minutes to break into a vehicle, get what they want and be gone. The street officer can't be up at Bluff Point and down at Castlewood Park at the same time. We have a very good security system in town which only cost about $300.00, it is called Smith & Wessen.

Very well put and humbling, I tend to like quick action on every thing and I know very well, being 60, that is kind of stupid, sometimes I slip back. And your so right about how long it takes, at least they were only looking for money, probably thirsting for something, food or what ever.
As far as smith and wesson, not worth shooting some one for a couple bucks, or things, unless they break into my home and try to harm me. Been thinking about getting one, however I do have other options, run like hell. LOL
No really, your point is well taken and sometimes one just wants to complain, not about the cops though, I have meant some and they do give their lives for us. NO disrespect guys, but I will be on the look out a bit more my self, I think all neighbors should be, than can.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: JaneyK]
      #1527546 - 10/14/09 04:07 PM (173.59.130.233)

Hey I am not so bad, sometimes I have bad days though and some days I don't completely think through what I really am trying to say. I was trying to say, I did not realize this was going on, feeling so safe and all. But did not intend to be mean about the police, I have a few in my family and I have a ton of respect for them. I had not seen them go by at night lately however, putting foot in mouth, maybe I am just not waking at the right time cause I know I use to see them. So don't take me too hard, we all say things that rackle ones mind then suddenly you meet that person and realize, they are not so bad and stupid after all, just had a bad day and a bit frightened when I realized , yup goes on here too. Knew it did, just maybe feeling a little too comfy and learning a huge lesson, lock my freaking vehical, always did before and every where I have lived. Humility kicking in somemore.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: masterbeater]
      #1527547 - 10/14/09 04:09 PM (173.59.130.233)

Good one, no one wanted anything in ours either, the radio and cd is still there, not filled with all the fancy stuff, maybe I should be thankful. LOL

--------------------
Love living in CB.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

#1527548 - 10/14/09 04:12 PM (173.59.130.233)

OH my, I read what you said wrong. LOL Hey, go ahead, I don't know where to find spell ck on here, for give an older lady. I do try to reread sometimes, but that day my head was not on tight, I was fustrated and mouthy anyhow. Are you a teacher or just hate that kind of thing. I only complain about it when some one is being a total jerk, and have nothing else to say. Like I have that right. LOL LOL

--------------------
Love living in CB.

BeachBum
FUG Senior

#1528632 - 10/17/09 07:15 PM (72.82.69.233)

Hi Henry, I ment no harm to any one here, hope you understand. It's great that some of us are old enough to be able to say what we think, and not hurt anyone feelings.
HA,HA, you say you are 60, shucks you are still wet behind the ears! I'm 76, does that entitle me to a senior moment? HA,HA

debberleeme
FUG Dignitary

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Hunting Elmer Fudd
      #1528793 - 10/18/09 02:16 PM (71.63.70.20)

Quote:

Debbers would have a field day editing your post.

NAW, why don't you do it FOR me.

--------------------
“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”
― Mark Twain

Burqajoint
Permanent FUG Fixture

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: The grotto at Chateau Burquoi...
      #1530070 - 10/23/09 12:56 AM (70.183.3.90)

HD, I'm so sorry this happened. It's not your fault someone else committed a crime.
I agree with you, shooting someone over an $80 camera just isn't worth it.
It's great you are looking out more for your neighbors.
Time was when folks were on the porch a lot nad people up and down the street watched out and knew all the kids at a distance and this sort of thing was less frequent.

You sound like a good guy, the sort whom we need more of in our communities. Keep on being a good guy and good things will come your way...

--------------------
Has Hannity been waterboarded yet?

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: Burqajoint]
      #1531358 - 10/28/09 10:26 AM (96.233.215.138)

Thanks, I am a girl, Henry is my husband. LOL We both believe in watching out for our neighbors, always have. Course we are getting to be the older ones now, and there is not a lot of that anymore, as you say. Sad. However, I am just the kind of person who reacts then shakes after it is over, my husband tells me I am going to get shot someday. LOL, at least it is for the good, if I do. I hope I don't though.
The other day a little dog knocked a person to the ground, chewed her hand up, I thought it was after my cat. I was surprised that, not one person even looked out the window or out the door to find out what the fuss was about. I may be 60 but when some one needs help that is what we all should be doing. I guess people are afraid cause you never know what your going to run into anymore.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

#1531360 - 10/28/09 10:28 AM (96.233.215.138)

LOL, thanks, and it is a terrible thing when you reach the age of wanting to be old enough to collect ss. Want to be a bit younger but can't afford it, can't work anymore either, at least anything too stressful so I am counting down to the days I can get it, if I still will be able to. Hate not being able to contribute to the house hold income anymore.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: debberleeme]
      #1531361 - 10/28/09 10:31 AM (96.233.215.138)

I will try, however, spelling is not my greatest talant and I have tried to figure how to use spell check on here. Sorry if it is an eye sore to you, but why not just accept that it is the person that counts, one who cares.

Edited by HenryDonald (10/28/09 10:33 AM)

BeachBum
FUG Senior

#1531782 - 10/29/09 12:55 PM (71.253.246.68)

H-D don't worry about the spelling. Most of us know what you are saying, and the ones who don't should stop knit-picking

BeachBum
FUG Senior

#1531784 - 10/29/09 01:09 PM (71.253.246.68)

"The other day a little dog knocked a person to the ground, chewed her hand up, I thought it was after my cat. I was surprised that, not one person even looked out the window or out the door to find out what the fuss was about. I may be 60 but when some one needs help that is what we all should be doing. I guess people are afraid cause you never know what your going to run into anymore."

H-D that is the big city attitude, where people don't even know their nieghbors name. They turn away so they won't be involved or sued.I am sorry to say, this is what is happening right here in CB. I have about 6 new nieghbors right in my immediate neighborhood. If you wave to them, they look at you like "what do you want" or they just turn away. This is not the way Colonial Beach should be !!!

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

#1534112 - 11/06/09 02:26 PM (173.59.128.48)

You are so right, I am just the kind of person, when sitting on my pourch I say Hello even if they don't. It is sad, but again as I said, people are afraid anymore. I may be foolish but maybe if I do it with one, they will do it back to some one else. I did have a lady jump one day and say, you are saying hi to me???? that is a first, no one says hello around here. Sad, so very sad. I huge smile and friendly hello husts no one. I miss those times in my life.

--------------------
Love living in CB.

BeachBum
FUG Senior

#1534194 - 11/06/09 10:21 PM (71.253.195.165)

H-D, I remember when there was Denson's Store on Bancroft Ave. about 10 minutes from our house, and the boss (wife) would ask me to walk down to the store to get bread & milk. I would be gone for a couple of hours, because you knew everyone you met, so you stopped and chated. Not any more.If you speak to someone on the street, you get the look like: what are you, some kind of pervert? Another change, is the fences that are put around some of the new homes. It's like they are saying stay away, we don't WANT any friends. In the good old days, the only fences were put up to keep the dog or small child from running out into the street. AH, FOR THEM GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

#1535644 - 11/13/09 08:30 AM (96.233.213.137)

Me too, but the sad thing is, about the fences, there are kids who do not respect others property so that is one way of keeping them out, when not wanted. I had a couple of little ones in NC, they would play in my front yard, dig up the dirt on the edge of the lawn or jump the ditch with their bikes and end up running over my flowers and things. Their parrents thought it was fine. I don't blame the kids, it is the ones who are not teaching respect however, they will get old too and guess what, it will visit them.
I still smile and say hello, and I sure miss those small corner stores, they were the best. Look at us, dating our selves, sound like my folks did now. LOL

--------------------
Love living in CB.

SoberBiker
FUG Freshman

Reged: 11/27/09
      #1538531 - 11/27/09 03:00 PM (97.22.112.65)

Buy the gun, don't shoot em for stealin $3, shoot em for breaking into the car. Hey, better idea....lets get the crack heads into rehab so they won't need your stuff and the drug dealers will just have no buisness here. Wont go to rehab? offer em a lengthy jail term instead.And CB...the crack dealers are selling to Your kids! Yeah you, honor student parent, just who did you think buys the stuff? Oh, of course, not your kid..shesh. Oh I forgot...can't build a rehab in MY back yard, better to just keep spending money on jails and cops..and gripin about crime. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

HenryDonald
FUG Senior

Re: Stealing going on [Re: SoberBiker]
      #1539524 - 12/02/09 11:43 AM (72.82.104.45)

Your reply is so ture. We lived in a small community in NY, and when my kids were in grade school people thought I was nuts for saying, we have dealers hanging around the busses when school lets out. I finely was able to prove it, chanced them down, but could not catch them, but the parents saw them as I started for them. The finely took their heads out of the sand. I also never said , not my kid, they would not do that, you never know anything is possible no matter how much you teach them. Only way to be sure is to be one step behind them, show up unexpectidly and be nosy, you will save their lives that way. It is ok?

--------------------
Love living in CB.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6618

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com