YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 11.24.14 | 

General Discussion >> Open forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
john1315Moderator
stranger

Reged: 06/23/06
Loc: Mars (duhhh)
I haven't paid a lot of attention to
      #1677326 - 03/21/12 11:30 AM (71.161.59.73)

...the Trayvon Martin shooting in Florida by the neighborhood watch guy. Seems like the few times I've tried to read about it, the articles seem like stories are being created/made up by the writers and very little by way of statement-of-fact. I think the guy was told by a police dispatcher not to follow the kid..... but he did anyway.

So what's the deal?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet".~ Abraham Lincoln

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Minx
stranger

Reged: 02/21/07
Loc: Stafford
Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: john1315]
      #1677330 - 03/21/12 11:38 AM (69.194.141.69)

Zimmerman (the shooter) is apparently trying to claim self-defense as the reason for shooting Martin. Poor kid had a soda and a bag of skittles - you can kill a lot of people with skittles.

Dispatcher told Zimmerman not to follow Martin, but he did anyway. Martin's girlfriend said she was on the phone with him right before the shooting and heard him say to Zimmerman "Why are you following me?" Then the phone went dead.

Very sad story.

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 03/11/10
Loc: Van Down by the River
      #1677332 - 03/21/12 11:40 AM (71.163.243.108)

I am still waiting for relevant information, I don't really trust msm reporters anymore, they just want to report sumpin', anything. On first blush, it would appear that the community patrol guy overstepped, but facts are sketchy. Al and Jesse are on the way, that should clear up things. I don't like the kid's family attorney calling for arrest, trial, and CONVICTION.

--------------------
“An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

john1315Moderator
stranger

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: Minx]
      #1677333 - 03/21/12 11:48 AM (71.161.59.73)

What did he call 911 for in the first place? Suspicious person? What?

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 08/13/08
Loc: Fredericksburg
      #1677345 - 03/21/12 12:18 PM (155.178.4.10)

Z called the cops for a "suspicious person". The kid apparently didn't like Z following him, and tried to get away (and thought he had). Z followed him (contrary to dispatch instruction - "We don't need you to do that", to which Z says "OK".). Z catches the kid and confronts him (kid's girlfriend was still on phone with him when kid asked "Why are you following me" and Z, instead of saying "I'm with neighborhood watch and worry about crimes", says "What are you doing here?". Push, shove, bang, dead.

IMO, the huge failure is with the cops. They get there, the admitted killer is there, and they let him go. They didn't piss test him, they didn't take him downtown, they accepted his claim of self defense as if they, the cops, were a jury. As I understand it, the cops arrest you and collect evidence. Courts are where motives and pleas are dealt with - mostly. The authorities also listed the kid as a John Doe, and didn't bother using his phone to track down his peeps (probably just full of drug dealer numbers anyways).

I also have a hard time accepting an explanation of self defense for someone who instigated a confrontation. Especially while he's carrying a gun.

--------------------
Have you the brain worms?!?!

Minx
stranger

#1677347 - 03/21/12 12:20 PM (70.42.158.246)

He called for a suspicious person - seems he had a habit of patrolling the neighborhood and calling 911 for the slightest thing (garage door left open, heard a weird noise, ect).

I don't blame the kid's family for wanting him drawn and quartered - someone shoots my kid and I'd feel the same way. Just seems like the police down there didn't do much of an investigation. State is convening a grand jury, and hopefully they (the jury) will be able to sort things out.

Very sad on all levels. I feel that Zimmerman overreacted, and isn't a bad person, but he still shot an unarmed kid, and there should be a penality for that.

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: StaffordLarry]
      #1677349 - 03/21/12 12:22 PM (155.178.4.10)

Calling for an arrest and trial is remarkable in what way? Wanting a conviction, given who he represents, is remarkable in what way?

I think they should arrest and try Zimmerman. That's when he gets to claim self defense. That isn't something that should deter a cop from making an arrest. Arrest should be the minimum expectation. Trial, null prosse, acquittal, or plea all follow after that. I don't see any legitimate excuse for the cops to beg off arresting Zimmerman. Do you have any good reason for that?

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: True_Bob]
      #1677358 - 03/21/12 12:53 PM (71.163.243.108)

Demanding a conviction is not the same thing as demanding justice. We either demand the cops do their job ( which is not obvious here), and try the defendant in court with a judge and some rules, or we let people sort it out on the streets. I'm sorry for the family, I really am, but when you give victims superpowers, like the 9-11 families or the VA Tech families, it skews the whole system, and not in a good way. If you want to see how police are reacting to budgetary restraints, google up Detroit's "new" 911 policy. If you just want to friggin argue, knock yourself out.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677363 - 03/21/12 01:13 PM (155.178.5.10)

I just don't see any cause for surprise with the family's desires or expectations.

An arrest of Zimmerman should be expected. Nobody disputes that he killed Trayvon. His reasons are part of his defense, and should not impact whether he's arrested or not.
A trial is then expected, that would be Zimmerman's right (assuming the DA decides to try the case, and no plea is made).

And the victim's family is of course going to want to see a conviction of the guy who killed their kid.

So I just don't get why you think the lawyer is saying out of place things.

Ands speaking of skewed, if I can get away with murder by ensuring I'm the only witness and I claim self defense, well you'd probably see a dramatic jump in self defense killings with such a law. Even if you're in a gang shootout!

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677364 - 03/21/12 01:31 PM (71.161.59.73)

Was Zimmerman released at the scene or did they take him in for questioning first, and decide not to charge him, at least not at the time.

I find it hard to accept that an unarmed individual was killed and the shooter, regardless of the circumstances, would at least be detained long enough to sort out what really went down. Unless a cop was the shooter, of course

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677374 - 03/21/12 01:46 PM (155.178.4.10)

Not taken into custody. At all.

The irregularities are everywhere. Not taken into custody. A witness' evidence was "corrected" (to fit the shooter's story - cops aren't supposed to lead witnesses ). A witness is claiming the cops won't take her testimony. No attempts were made to find Trayvon's family. They didn't run Zimmerman for priors until days later. There's a ton wrong here, and not much right. I don't hold out much hope for what we'd call justice.

Florida used to have an attraction called Six Gun Territory. No admission fee anymore, just cross the border.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677377 - 03/21/12 01:48 PM (71.161.59.73)

Quote:

Demanding a conviction is not the same thing as demanding justice.

Vice versa and I agree 100%, but I got my Capt Obvious badge yearrrrrs ago.

Quote:

We either demand the cops do their job ( which is not obvious here), and try the defendant in court with a judge and some rules, or we let people sort it out on the streets.

That's what I think TB is saying in so many words. He made himself a defendant the instant he was told not to follow the kid. Now I don't know if the officers on the scene knew about that but it is precisely why he should have AT LEAST been detained, until those facts were assigned to the knowledge of investigators.

Quote:

I'm sorry for the family, I really am, but when you give victims superpowers, like the 9-11 families or the VA Tech families, it skews the whole system, and not in a good way.

The system is already skewed. But no one is giving victims superpowers. Not in this, or any other case. I think you are talking about litigation (lawsuits) after the fact, because if not, you're saying the victim has superpowers to convict, and that's just not so.

Jesse and Al will whore up the spotlight everytime this crap happens, and maybe that's not always a bad thing. Hopefully at least, it motivates investigators to get to the bottom of the story and not just the ones reported by every ratings-motivated news agency in the world.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677411 - 03/21/12 03:19 PM (71.163.243.108)

No, they're given undue influence by the media and lawmakers. They are treated as a special needs caucus, when in reality they have no more insight into things than any one else. Emotion makes for poor laws.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

Reged: 12/08/09
      #1677422 - 03/21/12 04:13 PM (140.147.233.105)

You mean like the Stand Your Ground law?

soldbyme
Mega FUG

Reged: 07/01/08
Loc: At the beach - I wish!
Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: Sipowitz]
      #1677442 - 03/21/12 06:25 PM (50.77.78.30)

From the 911 calls, seems that zimmerman had decided that the boy was the one who had been robbing area homes. He calls him names before he even knows who he was and chased him. I feel so sorry for this boys family.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/246224/19/Trayvon-Martin-911-calls

--------------------
Haters gonna hate.

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: soldbyme]
      #1677849 - 03/23/12 04:49 PM (140.147.233.105)

Bump with a little Geraldo Rivera jazz!

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politic...an-share-blame/

So menacing!!!

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677850 - 03/23/12 04:56 PM (66.87.85.252)

I guess this 49 and a half year old is going to have to stop wearing a hoodie. Oh wait, I'm white, no problem!

Did you notice Geraldo's caveat? A hoodie is OK if it's raining. Like it was the night Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Oops Geraldo, not exactly well informed commentary. But that's not you anymore is it?

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677854 - 03/23/12 05:38 PM (71.163.243.108)

Person on person crime is bad enough without injecting "what his motive" and a lot of other crap into it. Where was Al and Jesse, Obama, and the media when this took place? Why can't we just have justice on a day to day basis? One law for everyone.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677856 - 03/23/12 05:48 PM (66.87.85.252)

Where's the part where the cops released the perps without investigating when they claimed self defense?

I see this to be less about the law (which I think needs restricting or clarifying) than unequal enforcement.

--------------------

dadster3
Super FUG

Reged: 01/15/03
Loc: Wakefield Free State
      #1677859 - 03/23/12 06:23 PM (72.196.222.123)

I haven't paid any attention to it either. The shooting of a young black man happens so regularly that it seemed like just another non-news event.

But earlier today I got an email from a long-time friend who actually lives in Sanford. She's says it's getting pretty heated. She said she changed her cable company and she commented on the case to the clean cut white tech. He said "lets look at the other side also." He went on to say that there is evidence that has not been released that shows that the shooter was grabbed by the hair in the front of his head and then his head was banged repeatedly on the sidewalk or pavement.

I dunno, sounds pretty fishy to me. A teenager armed with a bag of Skittles and a bottle of ice tea assaults an armed grown man. Repeatedly. Umm, I don't think so, but then back in the day there were a lot of black men who drowned trying to swim away with more chain and concrete blocks than they could carry.

--------------------
States' rights end where human rights begin.

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677860 - 03/23/12 06:38 PM (71.163.243.108)

I agree with that. This whole issue is being tried in the media and would not be if the police (and the prosecutor) had been doing their job, which is not to pre-determine but send this to grand jury on it's merit. I don't see how this man could now get a trial without predjudice. It might have been different. The civil outcry so far has been positive and may be the only reason this will go to grand jury.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

rally2xs
Mega FUG

Reged: 04/03/07
Loc: King George, Va
      #1677902 - 03/25/12 04:48 AM (24.245.107.186)

Now it appears that there was a witness that we haven't heard about before that basically says that it was self defense. IOW, Z broke off the pursuit when the cops told him to, but the victim had already decided to confront Z, did so, and began beating the crap out of him. Z had blood on his face and grass stains on his back. Witness said a guy wearing red was on the ground with some other guy beating the crap out of him, and was yelling for help. Z was wearing red. And it now looks like the cops were right to let Z go because of the witness' coroboration.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

--------------------
Liberalism is an ideology based on envy, resentment, hatred, and self-hatred - "America" - Dinesh D'Souza

MF
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 10/24/07
Loc: Margaritaville
Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: rally2xs]
      #1677905 - 03/25/12 08:46 AM (76.104.4.188)

This is the first I heard of a witness. Up to this point it was Z's testimony against,,,,,against,,,,,,against,,,,,no one..there was a lot of info given--the call to the cops...the girlfriend on the phone--but only Z knows why he used deadly force,,Was he dead set on shooting the kid to begin with ?? was that his plan all along ?? I don't think so...Then WHY did he use deadly force ??? There is no one to testify against him...no witness..(except for this new one who can validate his claim to self defense)..He will go free..

--------------------
"Don't give up..Don't ever give up". ---Jimmy V.

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: MF]
      #1677908 - 03/25/12 09:01 AM (71.163.243.108)

There are witnesses, and there is evidence, there are presumably motives involved, and all of this will be presented to a grand jury now that the police and prosecutors office have been encouraged to proceed. I certainly wouldn't want to be a member of that jury, they will be under enormous pressure to convict, based on the media.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

dadster3
Super FUG

#1677909 - 03/25/12 09:03 AM (72.196.222.123)

Actually there was a witness. There is an allegation that one of the cops at the scene "corrected" her in the telling to support Z.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677919 - 03/25/12 10:15 AM (66.87.85.252)

A grand jury only helps determine if charges should be brought, and IIRC are anonymous. Not so for the jury trial.

News to me about this late witness. From what I have read, that attack would be very much out of character for Martin.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677927 - 03/25/12 10:34 AM (71.163.243.108)

What I was trying to say that if not for the pressure from people, it doesn't sound like it would have been bound over to grand jury, and that's unfortunate. The trial jury (and judge) will be under enormous pressure, and the media frenzy hasn't reached apogee yet. All you have to do is regurgitate the OJ trial to demonstrate how the media influences things.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

dadster3
Super FUG

#1677934 - 03/25/12 11:09 AM (72.196.222.123)

Setting aside the hyperbole, I think this blogger raises an interesting question.

Why Isn't the Gun Nut Lobby Saying Trayvon Martin Should Have Been Armed?

Now here's a good question:

Quote:

Think about it. Every other situation in which an innocent person gets gunned down there is a cacophony of gun nuts screeching that if only this person had been armed he could have defended himself. It's been the basis of every concealed and open carry argument for the last couple of decades.

And yet, in this case, nothing. No impassioned appeals for loosening the gun laws so that ordinary Americans could go to the store in the evening to buy some candy and an iced tea without getting stalked and shot by some unhinged vigilante. No solemn op-eds about the dangers for average Americans when venturing unarmed into the streets of their own neighborhoods. No fiery speeches from Wayne LaPierre insisting that if only everyone in the neighborhood had been armed with submachine guns they could have run outside and started firing immediately upon hearing the screams for help. Nada. Why do you suppose that is?

--------------------

rally2xs
Mega FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: dadster3]
      #1677935 - 03/25/12 11:18 AM (24.245.107.186)

"Why Isn't the Gun Nut Lobby Saying Trayvon Martin Should Have Been Armed?"

Duh... because he was 17! He ouldn't even have bought a handgun...

--------------------
Liberalism is an ideology based on envy, resentment, hatred, and self-hatred - "America" - Dinesh D'Souza

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

Reged: 09/07/05
Loc: The Promise Land
      #1677937 - 03/25/12 11:23 AM (12.235.192.194)

The kid was walking down the street minding his own business. That's the part that just burns my buns. I hope Zimmerman gets a long ride up the river even if he was defending himself.

--------------------
"Ucking Igs!" - Pooh Percy

Ask your doctor if cannabis is right for you.

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677950 - 03/25/12 12:00 PM (71.161.57.80)

Quote:

"Why Isn't the Gun Nut Lobby Saying Trayvon Martin Should Have Been Armed?"

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Just couldn't but my finger on it.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: pooh]
      #1677951 - 03/25/12 12:05 PM (71.161.57.80)

Quote:

The kid was walking down the street minding his own business. That's the part that just burns my buns. I hope Zimmerman gets a long ride up the river even if he was defending himself.

There, what you said, in a nutshell is the whole thing and the simple-minded don't seem to understand. He is 100% responsible for what happened to that kid. I hope the community that he was watching feels safer now.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677955 - 03/25/12 12:18 PM (71.163.243.108)

What will come out in court will be details that maybe we should hear before deciding guilt. I can't but think the lack of attention or direct encouragement by the police dept either encouraged this vigilante environment or enabled it. This guy ( and perhaps there are others like him) didn't operate in a vacuum. His relationship with the dept will be examined, as well as his position in the community that he "voluntarily" patrolled. Lots of questions and so far, no answers.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677958 - 03/25/12 12:28 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

A minor detail! The NRA has lots of firearm training programs for kids. Which would you rather be doing....defending yourself for underage possession of a firearm or taking a dirt nap?

--------------------

MF
FUGmaster Flash

#1677959 - 03/25/12 12:29 PM (76.104.4.188)

"Tried by twelve or carried by six"

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677961 - 03/25/12 12:41 PM (71.161.57.80)

And what do you expect Trayvon to be guilty of?

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677962 - 03/25/12 01:15 PM (66.87.85.252)

Interfering with the natural motion of a lead projectile.

--------------------

kimcmitch
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 01/20/05
Loc: this side of the mountain
      #1677963 - 03/25/12 01:16 PM (71.171.64.207)

He was guilty of being a teenage boy, wearing a hoodie, walking through a neighborhood, talking on his cell. The only thing that makes him any different than my sons is the color of his skin. The.only.thing.

My sons have 4 or 5 hoodies each. They live in them. They walk around the neighborhood. They go to the store and buy drinks and candy. They have managed to make it home every day. I also make them take the dog with them when they go out. I never really had a good reason for it, other than a gut instinct that the dog will give them a purpose for being out.

I'm really bothered by the death of this teen. It was such an act of stupidity to take action against the boy. Now a mother will never see her son graduate, go to college, get married, become a dad. All because someone took him to be a scary teenager. This was wrong on so many levels and the guy should face prison for it.

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677964 - 03/25/12 01:28 PM (71.161.57.80)

Quote:

Interfering with the natural motion of a lead projectile.

An old racist joke that ends with the punchline "worst case of suicide I ever saw...."

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: kimcmitch]
      #1677965 - 03/25/12 01:32 PM (71.161.57.80)

It's interesting that I was having this conversation with a friend yesterday. He stated that black boys in hoodies are considered a threat, and that their community will be the first to acknowledge that. I called BS right away and asked him if he couldn't see through that, how could he call himself a father (he has two boys, one 21 the other 16)? I told him to think, as hard as it might be, to imagine for a minute he and his sons were black, and to revisit his statement.

Very interesting to witness the denial build, and then fall, in someone who has minimal ability to differentiate stereotypes from individualism.

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 01/30/03
      #1677971 - 03/25/12 04:24 PM (71.63.54.155)

Anyone stop to think that not all the facts are known yet.

Another question that bugs me is why is this case any different than the untold number of murders on any given day? Think if this much media and public opinion pressure was brought to bear on all murder cases.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677975 - 03/25/12 05:54 PM (71.163.243.108)

I don't believe I inferred that the kid was guilty of anything. I do believe the relationship between the shooter and the local Leos will be examined in evidence, and that the truth, no matter how ugly, will come out if it is allowed to. That is what we want, right? Some thing's very wrong here where citizens tolerate a guy like the shooter running around playing cop, and the Leos enable him. We're missing a big piece of the puzzle, and should not rush to judgement. I remember when my son was a teenager, and he and his friends grew up in the same neighborhood they were born in, and played cops and robbers all night, just like we did when we were kids. I had to talk to him sternly when he was around 13 about wearing camo and running through peoples yards after dark, that they were not kids anymore, and people didn't see them the same way.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677976 - 03/25/12 06:33 PM (12.235.192.194)

I'm thinking that Zimmerman is a peeping Tom and a stalker who used "neighborhood watch" as a cover for his sick activities.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: LastManStanding]
      #1677982 - 03/25/12 07:04 PM (71.161.63.103)

Quote:

Anyone stop to think that not all the facts are known yet.

Another question that bugs me is why is this case any different than the untold number of murders on any given day? Think if this much media and public opinion pressure was brought to bear on all murder cases.

There's only one fact I'm interested in; What was the kid doing wrong that cost him his life?

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1677984 - 03/25/12 07:44 PM (71.163.243.108)

John, I sense a lot of empathy in you. You do not have to be wrong to die, or have your life taken. We can not make sense out of the senseless. Your anger is appropriate because you feel, exactly like I do that Who Is This Selfish Son Of A Bitch That Thinks His Life Is More Valuable Than Someone Else's. Don't let anger get bigger than the rest of you.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1677985 - 03/25/12 08:50 PM (71.161.63.103)

It's not anger so much as a heightened awareness.

We have to demand justice be served where applicable, and what does frustrate me is that if it were not for overhyped media attention, cases like this would get swept under the rug. That has become apparent in how the Sanford police handled it from the get go, at least in so far as what's been reported.

We have to treat these things as if it happened in our own back yard in order to keep EVERYONE on the same page as to what will happen (or won't, given the circumstances) if and when it does.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1677999 - 03/26/12 06:41 AM (155.178.4.10)

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678002 - 03/26/12 07:57 AM (98.188.35.20)

Quote:

at least in so far as what's been reported.

To me, that's the key.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

gargayle
FUG For Life

Reged: 01/14/03
Loc: St. Somewhere
      #1678033 - 03/26/12 12:15 PM (72.91.152.118)

Quote:

There, what you said, in a nutshell is the whole thing and the simple-minded don't seem to understand. He is 100% responsible for what happened to that kid. I hope the community that he was watching feels safer now.

The community that he was watching thought he was a nut job to begin with and called the police themselves several times about Zimmerman's "overzealous" neighborhood watch practices. This story is way big down here and the consensus is that Zimmerman, who has continually talked to his neighbors about wanting to be "a cop and a hero", was trying to do that by shooting this kid. Zimmerman was "friends" with a few of the officers in the department and claimed the self defense thing so they didn't pursue charges until the the victim's family started talking to the press. Now they have state police and the FBI investigating to Police Department as well as the crime.

--------------------
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!
~~~~(\~~~~

john1315Moderator
stranger

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: gargayle]
      #1678038 - 03/26/12 12:42 PM (71.161.63.103)

If you happen to see something online please put up a linky. That kind of info doesn't seem to be headline news 'round here.

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Spotsylvania
      #1678041 - 03/26/12 01:47 PM (140.183.63.33)

Get yours today

--------------------
A liberal is a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet.

Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: kracer55]
      #1678043 - 03/26/12 02:02 PM (140.147.233.105)

Ugh.

Just ugh.

ETA: At least it wasn't a hoodie...

Edited by Sipowitz (03/26/12 02:02 PM)

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678048 - 03/26/12 02:48 PM (155.178.5.10)

It's news, but not really relevant.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678049 - 03/26/12 02:48 PM (71.161.63.103)

Yep. Complete and utter ignorance isn't just reserved for white folks. So I'd say let whoever wears that shirt bare the responsibility for any and all repercussions that result from it.

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678057 - 03/26/12 03:32 PM (140.183.63.33)

Former NAACP leader VS Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

--------------------

Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678059 - 03/26/12 03:34 PM (140.183.63.33)

Mom seeking trademark

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678064 - 03/26/12 04:08 PM (140.147.233.105)

It is amazing that something that should really be about the effects of expanding justifiable homicide has been turned into racist vaudeville.

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678065 - 03/26/12 04:13 PM (71.163.243.108)

Well said.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

bloodhound
FUG Freshman

Reged: 12/21/11
      #1678071 - 03/26/12 05:23 PM (166.248.38.150)

This happen a month ago what is the deal? Mr.Z has not been charged with anything and he has a right to defend himself. Looks like the state does not want to file a case because there is not one.One thing I do know is that a dead man can't talk. Mr. Jackson and naacp need to stay in the news.

dadster3
Super FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: bloodhound]
      #1678075 - 03/26/12 07:02 PM (72.196.222.123)

You might want to visit the thread about the 23 states that have laws like Florida's. Apparently if you claim self-defense the burden of proof is on the state to prove that it was not self-defense. This is the judicial version of "begging the question" where your assertion is its own proof. Nice loophole, even if you stalk someone, confront them, provoke a response and then shoot them because they didn't knuckle under to your self-appointed authority.

You're gonna love it here, Bloody. You have a number of friends.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678083 - 03/26/12 08:46 PM (12.235.192.194)

Gotta find me one of those before I leave FL.

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678151 - 03/27/12 01:07 PM (98.188.35.20)

This has been my whole issue with this story all along -- the rush to judgement/mob mentality. All the facts still aren't known yet.

New Details Emerge

More Complicated Portrait

And now it's being politicized. And that in of itself raises questions as to why this has become such a big deal. How many murders/shooting deaths in similar situations happen that aren't politicized? Why are the parents on Capitol Hill?

This quote from the first story above is quite reflective of how I feel on the issue.

Quote:

"Oh how little we have learned," David Shane wrote on PolicyMic.com. The media has rushed to judgment yet again. Now, it's quite possible that Zimmerman is guilty of everything his worst foes accuse him of. There is plenty about this case that troubles me. But that's exactly the point—I don't know. Neither does anyone else, and both the scope and tone of the media coverage ought to reflect that fact."

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678154 - 03/27/12 01:21 PM (12.235.192.194)

My issue all along is that the kid was walking down the street minding his own business. No seems to dispute this.

I don't care if the kid was purple. I don't care if Zimmerman was a cracker or Hispanic. I don't care if he was defending himself or not. I don't care about the politics of it.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678156 - 03/27/12 01:22 PM (155.178.4.10)

How odd. I only see one issue, and it has nothing to do with politics or the media and their circus-like ways: the cops blew off performing a murder investigation based on the killer's claim/s.

Doesn't anyone remember Adam-12 or Dragnet? They should have told Zimmerman "Tell it to the Judge".

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678168 - 03/27/12 02:13 PM (98.188.35.20)

If according to state law he defended himself with the shooting, then why should he have been arrested?

Hence, needing to piece together the facts of what happened. And that doesn't always happen, even in our techno savy world of instant communication.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678170 - 03/27/12 02:20 PM (71.161.60.209)

I'm going to do something I usually don't, and have been critical of others for doing, but since this hits close to home recently here goes:

A girl gets off the bus and is walking home. A man begins following her. She turns around and sprays him with mace and begins punching him in the face. Follower guy shoots and kills her. No harm no foul? (edited to enhance the scenario a bit)

There are a few facts that ARE known. Zimmerman saw what he deemed a "suspicious" person and called the police. They told him they didn't want him to follow the kid. He did anyway. There was a physical confrontation. Zimmerman shot and killed the kid. No one was arrested. No harm, no foul?

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678173 - 03/27/12 02:31 PM (140.147.233.105)

The big question is going to be whether or not Zimmerman was within his legal rights in his pursuit of Martin. There is also the question of what might have started the conflict. It's pretty much accepted that Martin noticed he was being followed. What if after that he might have noticed the gun while confronting Zimmerman? If you're being followed by someone and then notice they have a gun, would you feel threatened? Unfortunately, we'll never really know the whole truth so it will lie with a grand jury to decide if Zimmerman's actions warrant fault.

This would have been handled much better if the race-baiters hadn't gotten involved, though. It could have served as a great forum to discuss the consequences/flaws of stand your ground laws. As far as I've seen from Zimmerman's previous calls he's reported suspicious white and Hispanic men before so I'm going with probably not a racist. However, definitely seems like a guy with paranoia issues and delusions of grandeur who probably shouldn't be in any sort of authority position.

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678174 - 03/27/12 02:35 PM (140.147.233.105)

Right, a big thing here is that the law specifically states:

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

So that's going to be the big thing whether or not Zimmerman was acting lawfully in his pursuit. The problem with the law is what is "reasonably believes."

rally2xs
Mega FUG

#1678175 - 03/27/12 02:36 PM (24.245.107.186)

Quote:

There are a few facts that ARE known. Zimmerman saw what he deemed a "suspicious" person and called the police. They told him they didn't want him to follow the kid. He did anyway.

That's the part we don't know, and are assuming.

According to Z, and some witnesses, he was proceeding back to his vehicle when the kid caught him, hit him, and then jumped on top of him and began beating the snot out of him. IOW, it appears that he DID listen to the cops, turned around, headed for his vehicle, and was attacked from behind by the kid.

Quote:

There was a physical confrontation. Zimmerman shot and killed the kid. No one was arrested. No harm, no foul?

If someone really is sitting on top someone else and beating the snot out of them, and the guy on the bottom manages to shoot the guy on top before he loses consciousness, then yeah, with the support of witnesses, which apparently Z has, the cops generally do allow such an actor to go free.

Remember, Z has supporting physical evidence in a broken nose, injuries to the back of his head, and grass stains on his back. Those all support his story.

--------------------

RichOnTheRoad
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 06/08/02
Loc: on the road
      #1678176 - 03/27/12 02:43 PM (98.163.64.89)

"REMEMBER:
Community members only serve as the extra “eyes and ears” of law enforcement. They should report their observations of suspicious activities to law enforcement; however, citizens should never try to take action on those observations. Trained law enforcement should be the only ones ever to take action based on observations of suspicious activities."

From the Neighborhood Watch manual

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678181 - 03/27/12 02:59 PM (98.188.35.20)

Quote:

There was a physical confrontation. Zimmerman shot and killed the kid. No one was arrested. No harm, no foul?

According to the law, it depends on the remaining facts and what the law protects.

According to common sense, there's an issue.

According to how it's been turned into a political football and media frenzy, common sense has pretty much gone out the window.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: RichOnTheRoad]
      #1678182 - 03/27/12 03:03 PM (140.147.233.105)

Well, no offense, but I don't think that the Neighborhood Watch Manual plays much part in a criminal court. Those are guidelines to cover the group's and others asses should something go wrong with a participant and someone comes looking to sue. I think it was a matter of time before something happened with Zimmerman (unfortunately someone ended up dead). He just seemed too gung-ho about his desire to stop crime that he would see it where it wasn't.

So, again, gonna come down to the grand jury and probably focus on his getting out of the car. If that's the thing that sparked confrontation with Martin, I could see them charging manslaughter.

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678183 - 03/27/12 03:06 PM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

Right, a big thing here is that the law specifically states:

A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

So that's going to be the big thing whether or not Zimmerman was acting lawfully in his pursuit. The problem with the law is what is "reasonably believes."

That law applies to Martin as well. If he was in fear for his life (and seeing your stalker has a gun may well do that), Martin would be justified in trying to fend off and even kill Zimmerman.

This set of loose laws and sloppy-ass enforcement has already gotten known gang members off scot-free in a gang-related shoot out in FL. Everybody walked.

rally, what would have happened if Zimmerman followed the standard and well known Neighborhood Watch guidance? And, have you heard from any of the authors of Stand Your Ground, and if they think it applies to Zimmerman (I have - guess what they think)?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678184 - 03/27/12 03:06 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

I'm going to do something I usually don't, and have been critical of others for doing, but since this hits close to home recently here goes:

A girl gets off the bus and is walking home. A man begins following her. She turns around and sprays him with mace and begins punching him in the face. Follower guy shoots and kills her. No harm no foul? (edited to enhance the scenario a bit)

There are a few facts that ARE known. Zimmerman saw what he deemed a "suspicious" person and called the police. They told him they didn't want him to follow the kid. He did anyway. There was a physical confrontation. Zimmerman shot and killed the kid. No one was arrested. No harm, no foul?

If it weren't for the fact that so many people have poor experiences with police maybe the kid would have been more inclined to call the police about being stalked by a suspicious person.

The fact that there was no real investigation until there was a public outcry also is a poor reflection on LE.

I agree with TB...... it's the judge's job to sort it out. An unarmed kid goes from walking down the street to being shot to death and there is no arrest......someone didn't do their job.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678185 - 03/27/12 03:09 PM (155.178.5.10)

Zimmerman seems to be a bit too gung-ho, and a bit too well connected.

Pappy was a judge. My guess (GUESS) is that Zimmerman and the local cops are friends. So nothing to see here, move along.

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678187 - 03/27/12 03:17 PM (140.147.233.105)

And if reports are accurate about Martin then pursuing/confronting Zimmerman after he turned around then you can argue the opposite again. So the law would only apply that Martin can attack Zimmerman if attacked first and reasonably fearing harm. So it depends on attack and if by that you can mean "assault" which you don't necessary have to make physical contact to initiate.

The other thing is that we don't know the circumstances surrounding the confrontation that led to physical contact and then the shooting. Was anyone around there to hear the conversation they had?

soldbyme
Mega FUG

#1678190 - 03/27/12 03:36 PM (50.77.78.30)

Zimmerman stalks Martin, already convinced he's up to no good because he said "these a**holes always get away", Martin faces him, stands his ground and fights back. Zimmerman is getting his butt whipped by a teenager that he provoked, starts crying and shoots him. What a piece of crap. At the very least he should be charged with being a self-important, loud-mouthed vigilante who couldn't whip your grandma.

--------------------
Haters gonna hate.

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

Reged: 06/27/03
Loc: hartwood
      #1678191 - 03/27/12 03:38 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Former NAACP leader VS Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

he'll be reviled

--------------------
under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678192 - 03/27/12 03:39 PM (76.120.213.58)

My issue all along is that the kid was walking down the street minding his own business. No seems to dispute this.

you are yet again, and typically at that, mistaken

--------------------
under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678193 - 03/27/12 03:40 PM (12.235.192.194)

One of my favorite sayings is that there is 3 sides to every story: his, theirs, and the truth. In this case there was no pursuit of the truth.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678194 - 03/27/12 03:41 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Quote:

If it weren't for the fact that so many people have poor experiences with police maybe the kid would have been more inclined to call the police about being stalked by a suspicious person.

The fact that there was no real investigation until there was a public outcry also is a poor reflection on LE.

I agree with TB...... it's the judge's job to sort it out. An unarmed kid goes from walking down the street to being shot to death and there is no arrest......someone didn't do their job.

this kid has had great experiences so far look at the beef he dodged at school. or is he into ladies jewelry on the down low

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678197 - 03/27/12 03:46 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

The big question is going to be whether or not Zimmerman was within his legal rights in his pursuit of Martin. There is also the question of what might have started the conflict. It's pretty much accepted that Martin noticed he was being followed. What if after that he might have noticed the gun while confronting Zimmerman? If you're being followed by someone and then notice they have a gun, would you feel threatened? Unfortunately, we'll never really know the whole truth so it will lie with a grand jury to decide if Zimmerman's actions warrant fault.

This would have been handled much better if the race-baiters hadn't gotten involved, though. It could have served as a great forum to discuss the consequences/flaws of stand your ground laws. As far as I've seen from Zimmerman's previous calls he's reported suspicious white and Hispanic men before so I'm going with probably not a racist. However, definitely seems like a guy with paranoia issues and delusions of grandeur who probably shouldn't be in any sort of authority position.

theres a real good timeline available between the cell phone logs and the various 911 and police radio calls. there are real good reasons that they didn't and shouldn't charge. nothin that zimmermans claimed has been refuted by either witness or evidence? martins families version of reality? not so much. check out wagist and some other sites for a lil backgrouund on the self described "made nigga" the comments and exchanges from his friends before and after the shooting are enlightening. the bimbo witness? crutcher? shes a circus

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: cassandra&sarasdaddy]
      #1678200 - 03/27/12 04:01 PM (140.147.233.105)

Cpop, when you defend the killing of a kid just because he's a "made nigga" you are not helping the race-baiting...

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678201 - 03/27/12 04:07 PM (140.147.233.105)

Also, again, we don't know what really went on in the confrontation between the two that led to the physical contact and since nothing can disprove Zimmerman's claim it will have to be taken at his word. Again, charges aren't likely and if they do happen it'll probably be manslaughter without a conviction. But you talking as confidently as Rev. Al about the situations surround someone being killed only goes to show that you're about on the same intelligence level as he is.

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678205 - 03/27/12 04:16 PM (72.91.152.118)

Quote:

you are yet again, and typically at that, mistaken

Sorry CSD, but no one is ever going to really know the whole story because there are three sides here. Zimmerman's side of what happened, what is believed to have have happened to this young man, and what actually happened. Until every person is spoken too and all the evidence is in, no one knows for sure.

To everyone who has responded here, and I am including myself, are we not making the same judgement here as we are accusing others of making? Perhaps we need to read and wait to find out more and postulate less.

This is a very scary subject here and people are drawing lines and picking sides and no good ever comes of that.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678206 - 03/27/12 04:18 PM (76.120.213.58)

you say race baiting like its a bad thing....

young man wanted to embrace a certain image and identity. we should celebrate his life and that he died being what he wanted to be.

shame he didn't get this much attention before he got shot

--------------------

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678208 - 03/27/12 04:19 PM (72.91.152.118)

You are making some very serious accusation there with no basis.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678209 - 03/27/12 04:22 PM (76.120.213.58)

there was a great tweet from the rally saturday

"It is hypocritical to get mad when the white man kills me but not when a black man kills me"

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678210 - 03/27/12 04:23 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

this kid has had great experiences so far look at the beef he dodged at school. or is he into ladies jewelry on the down low

Trayvon Martin had NEVER been arrested for anything, NEVER charged with anything, and had NO juvenile record.
There is NO record of the school ever contacting his parents about the jewelry.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678211 - 03/27/12 04:28 PM (76.120.213.58)

like i said a great record he beat the beef.seperated folks? smart guys know how to play that so that neither parent finds out.

no record? is that like some of the other "truth "offered up by his family? the school system can't disclose without a court order. and the parents have some credibility issues

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678215 - 03/27/12 04:37 PM (98.188.35.20)

Quote:

This is a very scary subject here and people are drawing lines and picking sides and no good ever comes of that.

Exactly. Which is one of the reasons I think it's horrible how this has been handled in the media and by those who influence the media. When it is handled this why, that's how you end up with people having $10,000 bounties placed on them.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

RichOnTheRoad
FUGmaster Flash

Reged: 06/08/02
Loc: on the road
      #1678216 - 03/27/12 04:37 PM (98.163.64.89)

Quote:

Well, no offense, but I don't think that the Neighborhood Watch Manual plays much part in a criminal court. Those are guidelines to cover the group's and others asses should something go wrong with a participant and someone comes looking to sue. I think it was a matter of time before something happened with Zimmerman (unfortunately someone ended up dead). He just seemed too gung-ho about his desire to stop crime that he would see it where it wasn't.

So, again, gonna come down to the grand jury and probably focus on his getting out of the car. If that's the thing that sparked confrontation with Martin, I could see them charging manslaughter.

It may not have any bearing in a criminal court, but if Zimmerman hadn't confronted the kid we wouldn't be talking about it now.

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678217 - 03/27/12 04:41 PM (76.120.213.58)

if the kid hadn't punched him we wouldn't be either

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678218 - 03/27/12 04:53 PM (12.235.192.194)

Doesn't change the fact that the State Dept. of Juvenile Justice states that Martin has NO juvenile offender record.

However, it is being reported that Zimmerman had been arrested 3 times. Once for domestic violence, once for resisting an officer with out violence, and once for resisting an office with violence. No convictions though....handy having a judge for a daddy! (We won't even get into the speeding charge that was "closed".

--------------------

soldbyme
Mega FUG

#1678219 - 03/27/12 05:13 PM (50.77.78.30)

Quote:

If the kid punched first, it's because he was being stalked and harrassed. What right did Zimmerman have to appoint himself sheriff of the community? I walk my dogs in a hoodie when it's raining and/or windy and I can tell you that if I was being followed and harrased by somebody in a car that then got out of the car to question me, I would come back swinging too. Without Zimmerman's self proclaimed community watch/policing, there would never have been an altercation to begin with.

--------------------
Haters gonna hate.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678220 - 03/27/12 05:17 PM (12.235.192.194)

So does anyone know what happened to those criminal charges against Zimmerman? CDiddy?

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678221 - 03/27/12 05:20 PM (76.120.213.58)

no convictions. hes a local sorta from mannassas

what did that lousiana cop sayb that got him in all that pc trouble?

"live like a thug die like one"

now theres a problem that could use some work

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678222 - 03/27/12 05:29 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

no convictions. hes a local sorta from mannassas

what did that lousiana cop sayb that got him in all that pc trouble?

"live like a thug die like one"

now theres a problem that could use some work

That's all very nice but it doesn't really answer the question does it? What happened to all those charges against Mr. Zimmerman?

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678223 - 03/27/12 05:33 PM (76.120.213.58)

i'm sorry did you not understand no convictions?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678224 - 03/27/12 05:39 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

i'm sorry did you not understand no convictions?

I'm sorry did you not understand "What happened to all of those charges"?

Of course there were "no convictions"....they never made it to court. So what happened to them? If you don't know then say you don't know. I mean the guy was charged with whipping up on the popo!

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678226 - 03/27/12 05:46 PM (76.120.213.58)

.they never made it to court.

really? then you do know? or are you just using swag?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678228 - 03/27/12 06:20 PM (12.235.192.194)

It has been reported that the cases were "closed". There was never any finding of guilt or innocence because they never made it to court. Legal problems for Mr. Zimmerman just seem to go away.....even pesky murder problems.

So do you know what happened to the charges or not, as in why were they "closed"? A simple "yes" or "no" would be adequate.

(I realize that Zimmerman's legal charges pale in comparison to "reports" that the kid had jewelry and weed residue in his backpack.)

--------------------

Edited by pooh (03/27/12 08:17 PM)

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678237 - 03/27/12 08:26 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

"REMEMBER:
Community members only serve as the extra “eyes and ears” of law enforcement. They should report their observations of suspicious activities to law enforcement; however, citizens should never try to take action on those observations. Trained law enforcement should be the only ones ever to take action based on observations of suspicious activities."

According to the National Sheriff's Association Zimmerman isn't even a member of any group recognized by Neighborhood Watch!

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678238 - 03/27/12 08:34 PM (12.235.192.194)

Yo CDiddy, it looks like Trayvon is not the only one with "school issues"! George Zimmerman expelled from Seminole State College!

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678239 - 03/27/12 08:34 PM (71.63.64.111)

As usual the Fredtalk Court of KneeJerk is in session.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678240 - 03/27/12 08:43 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

As usual the Fredtalk Court of KneeJerk is in session.

Yes, dredging up old C.L. Bryant is far more relevant.

--------------------

MF
FUGmaster Flash

#1678244 - 03/27/12 09:03 PM (24.125.216.213)

but big ol Al Sharpton is out there spewing his racism...that is almost the sure thing that Zimmerman will go free..Ask Tawana...

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678250 - 03/27/12 09:23 PM (71.63.54.155)

Quote:

but big ol Al Sharpton is out there spewing his racism...that is almost the sure thing that Zimmerman will go free..Ask Tawana...

Or in the rush to judgement to vein, ask the Duke lacrosse players. Every case is distinct and different. And Zimmerman could very well be a murderer. But why the lynch mob mentality?

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678253 - 03/27/12 09:30 PM (71.63.64.111)

far more relevant than you.

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678254 - 03/27/12 09:32 PM (71.63.54.155)

Yet another example of what a rush to judgement can cause.

Elderly Couple in Fear

The media and others have really helped in this case.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678255 - 03/27/12 09:41 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Elderly Couple in Fear

If not for the media this killing would most likely just quietly go away like all of the other violent acts committed by Zimmerman.

--------------------

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678256 - 03/27/12 09:43 PM (71.63.54.155)

Quote:

Quote:

Elderly Couple in Fear

If not for the media this killing would most likely just quietly go away like all of the other violent acts committed by Zimmerman.

Based on what, an assumption, or fact?

Ask the elderly couple what they think.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

LastManStanding
FUGmaster Flash

#1678257 - 03/27/12 09:47 PM (71.63.54.155)

Again, Zimmerman may or may not be a Saint. That's not the point. The point is, a young man's death is being used to score political points and supposedly prove a racial bias, when that racial bias is more than likely not the issue.

--------------------
Philosophy of Beer

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678258 - 03/27/12 09:51 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

far more relevant than you.

Next time you need a good comeback....wipe it off your face!

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678261 - 03/27/12 10:03 PM (71.63.64.111)

I don't need any comeback, I just stated a fact. What are your references? Any of the media contacted you?

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678262 - 03/27/12 10:05 PM (72.209.213.198)

You know... Since your face is plastered all over the FLS, should someone recognize you in the street they should be justified in shooting you dead at first sight over your often self-proclaimed rough and tumble history. I mean, it would only serve you right, after all that bragging and everything.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678266 - 03/27/12 10:29 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Elderly Couple in Fear

Based on what, an assumption, or fact?

Ask the elderly couple what they think.

What part of "most likely" sounds like "fact" to you?

The guy has a history.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678268 - 03/27/12 10:32 PM (12.235.192.194)

What are YOUR references? Any of the media contacted you?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678269 - 03/27/12 10:52 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

You know... Since your face is plastered all over the FLS, should someone recognize you in the street they should be justified in shooting you dead at first sight over your often self-proclaimed rough and tumble history. I mean, it would only serve you right, after all that bragging and everything.

His fatherless little girls would be comforted by "live like a thug...die like a thug".

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678270 - 03/27/12 10:53 PM (72.209.213.198)

Not only will you get off free if you shoot him. If you do it when he's wearing a hoodie, they'll give you a civilian service medal.

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678271 - 03/27/12 10:54 PM (71.161.60.209)

I would never wish that on anyone. It pains me deeply that he does.

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678272 - 03/27/12 10:55 PM (71.161.60.209)

And so far, no responses to my parallel scenario.

::chin scrath::

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678280 - 03/28/12 02:21 AM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Quote:

"REMEMBER:

According to the National Sheriff's Association Zimmerman isn't even a member of any group recognized by Neighborhood Watch!

really? the national sheriffs association issued a statement? maybe you missed the article with the statement from the former watch capt in zimmermans hood?

you seem best operating in a factual vacuum

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678281 - 03/28/12 02:22 AM (76.120.213.58)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27/pol...artin-shooting/

as opposed to "it coulda happened that way "drivel

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678282 - 03/28/12 02:46 AM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

if while living that life i had died i can assure you my family would not have whined. its a cultural thing.
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/this-dead-drug-dealer-is-big-pimpin/
http://newsone.com/nation/rk-byers/opinion-do-blacks-idolize-black-criminals/

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678283 - 03/28/12 06:17 AM (155.178.4.10)

Quote:

Quote:

if while living that life i had died i can assure you my family would not have whined. its a cultural thing.
http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/this-dead-drug-dealer-is-big-pimpin/
http://newsone.com/nation/rk-byers/opinion-do-blacks-idolize-black-criminals/

What kind of life Trayvon was living has no bearing on this case. You just want to blame the victim. It wouldn't matter if he had his pants around his knees, was shucking and jiving, popping and locking. It wouldn't matter if he was trucking like the doodah man. Martin was going about his own business, Zimmerman pursued him, there was an altercation, and Zimmerman killed Martin. Zimmerman's story is weak, and some thought so from day one:

Quote:

But Sanford, Fla., Investigator Chris Serino was instructed to not press charges against Zimmerman because the state attorney's office headed by Norman Wolfinger determined there wasn't enough evidence to lead to a conviction, the sources told ABC News.

The problem I see here, is that the police chief and state's attorney have said nil about the above. If from the start of the media circus they had said "we investigated and considered, there was not enouogh solid evidence to gain a conviction", the show might be different. But instead, you have police chief coming out saying BS like "the law prevents us from arresting him".

But in the meantime, how Trayvon liveed, what he aspired to be/appear as, whether he stole [*d`oh!*] some other time, etc are all irrelevant. As you know.

--------------------

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678292 - 03/28/12 09:27 AM (72.91.152.118)

Quote:

I disagree. If Zimmerman had left him alone in the first place, as he was told to do by the police, maybe Trayvon wouldn't have felt threatened enough to hit the guy, if in fact that actually happened - it's still being investigated.

All I know is that if some strange guy was following me with a gun, I think I'd try and defend myself anyway I could and if that meant hitting the SOB, I would.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678295 - 03/28/12 09:41 AM (155.178.5.10)

Brandishing a gun is aggravated assault.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678296 - 03/28/12 09:41 AM (12.235.192.194)

When you have a man who has a long history of violence who kills an unarmed kid and doesn't even get charged with discharging a firearm in a residential area......something is terribly wrong. Society needs to be protected from this man....hell, the popo need to be protected from him.

--------------------

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678299 - 03/28/12 09:51 AM (72.91.152.118)

Always has been, Bob. There is a lot of information here that is not adding up which is why the FBI and the state police are investigating.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678300 - 03/28/12 09:53 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"REMEMBER:

really? the national sheriffs association issued a statement? maybe you missed the article with the statement from the former watch capt in zimmermans hood?

you seem best operating in a factual vacuum

That's it????
Nothing about Zimmerman's long history of violence? His beating a police officer? Nothing about him being expelled from school?

The NSA states that Zimmerman was NEVER a member. Oh yeah, NSA happens to be the PARENT organization for Neighborhood watch!

Vacuum that!

--------------------

dadster3
Super FUG

#1678301 - 03/28/12 09:55 AM (72.196.222.123)

You can always expect a good show when the Gunslingers investigate the Heap'o Trouble Boys.

--------------------

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678302 - 03/28/12 09:55 AM (72.91.152.118)

It seems that in this case, the victim is on trial in some people's mind instead of the suspect.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678303 - 03/28/12 09:56 AM (72.91.152.118)

dadster, you crack me up.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678304 - 03/28/12 09:57 AM (155.178.5.10)

I think Zimmerman's "history of violence" is about as applicable as Martin's supposed pot use and jewelry theft. Without a conviction, an arrest means nothing. There may be more there, but we don't know, and it isn't fair to hold that against Zimmerman since it's not proven. That would come out, if relevant and if the DA thinks it matters, in the trial he will never have to stand for.

At heart, I think Zimmerman believed he was doing the Right Thing by patrolling his neighborhood. I also have a strong suspicion that Zimmerman believed he actually had some sort of authoritah and was as bad an ass as pasty imagines he is. Tainted ingredients into the cake mix.

ETA
None of the above means I think the investigation was done right. I think "botched" is not the word, because it implies a lack of motive. I think Zimmerman has been and is still getting cover.

--------------------

Edited by True_Bob (03/28/12 10:19 AM)

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678305 - 03/28/12 10:00 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

I disagree. If Zimmerman had left him alone in the first place, as he was told to do by the police, maybe Trayvon wouldn't have felt threatened enough to hit the guy, if in fact that actually happened - it's still being investigated.

All I know is that if some strange guy was following me with a gun, I think I'd try and defend myself anyway I could and if that meant hitting the SOB, I would.

Thank you!
The more I hear about Zimmerman the more I'm thinking he has some serious mental health issues.....aggressive tendencies.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678306 - 03/28/12 10:08 AM (71.163.243.108)

Quote:

There is so much I don't know I am hesitant to fill in the blanks, but it seems some things are known. Whatever happened, happened in a public space where they were both perfectly entitled to occupy. One was armed, and the other wasn't, probably neither was sure of the other. There was no crime in progress at this time. The armed individual instigated a confrontation with the unarmed individual, after being advised by the local police not to continue contact. There was a final confrontation between the two, during which the armed person suffered abrasions and shot and killed the unarmed person. To my thinking, and I have been on murder trial jurys, the shooter had ample time and opportunity to reflect on his actions and avert accidental or negligent deaths, but chose to proceed. I am not privey to what his statement was to the police, and cannot comment on their decision not to charge him, but they are paying now for their field decision. It would, on the surface, seem to warrant a suspicious shooting at least, but there is a lot more questions now than answers. I would urge patience, but there's none of that.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678307 - 03/28/12 10:09 AM (155.178.4.10)

Quote:

The more I hear about Zimmerman the more I'm thinking he has some serious mental health issues.....aggressive tendencies.

Strange then that he failed to become a cop.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678308 - 03/28/12 10:12 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

It is sad that CDiddy seems to place so little value on life. Someone deserved to die because they were expelled from school and were dressed wrong?

A little off topic. CDiddy, I think you told me once that you knew David Harmon or knew of him. He retired as the administrator of The Middle Peninsula Regional Corrections Center. David died suddenly and unexpectedly on Sunday. He was a very warm, caring man who helped so many of his charges turn their lives around. He treated everyone fairly and with respect. We have lost a truly wonderful man.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678311 - 03/28/12 10:32 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

There is so much I don't know I am hesitant to fill in the blanks, but it seems some things are known. Whatever happened, happened in a public space where they were both perfectly entitled to occupy. One was armed, and the other wasn't, probably neither was sure of the other. There was no crime in progress at this time. The armed individual instigated a confrontation with the unarmed individual, after being advised by the local police not to continue contact. There was a final confrontation between the two, during which the armed person suffered abrasions and shot and killed the unarmed person. To my thinking, and I have been on murder trial jurys, the shooter had ample time and opportunity to reflect on his actions and avert accidental or negligent deaths, but chose to proceed. I am not privey to what his statement was to the police, and cannot comment on their decision not to charge him, but they are paying now for their field decision. It would, on the surface, seem to warrant a suspicious shooting at least, but there is a lot more questions now than answers. I would urge patience, but there's none of that.

Now add the shooter's criminal history into the mix. As far as patience.....the kid was shot on Feb. 26 and no one has been charged with anything. Pretend for a minute that it was your child and you have been waiting for a month. One solid month of knowing nothing.....but heartache.

--------------------

Edited by pooh (03/28/12 10:34 AM)

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678312 - 03/28/12 10:37 AM (155.178.6.10)

Without a conviction, Zimmerman has no criminal history. He has allegations made against him. Just like pasty is making against Martin. There's plenty wrong with the handling of this case, inclluding Zimmerman's phony defense (and defenders) without bringing in essentially irrelevant things.

Zimmerman is responsible fo r Martin's death. that stands alone, no matter whatever prior allegations were made against Zimmerman.

Now please, stop writing that. I hate defending Zimmerman, as I see him 100% culpable. He instigated everything and killed an innocent guy who was minding his own business (until he was accosted by Zimmerman).

--------------------

dadster3
Super FUG

#1678315 - 03/28/12 10:47 AM (72.196.222.123)

This article appeared in the alternate press a few days ago. I don't consider it definitive by any means, but the author lists his source for each of the 20 "facts". No doubt the media reports he cites may involve two or more different media outlets using the same original or secondary source. This can give the impression of confirmation when in fact there is none. You should keep that in mind. Still, it probably is a fair summary of the main points that are circulating in the media.

20 Things You Need to Know About the Tragic Killing of Trayvon Martin
The Progress Report / By Brad Johnson
The Department of Justice, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney announced they were launching "a thorough and independent review" of the shooting -- will there be justice?
http://www.alternet.org/story/154624/20_..._trayvon_martin

EDIT: Adds the last sentence in the intro paragraph.

--------------------

Edited by dadster3 (03/28/12 10:51 AM)

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678317 - 03/28/12 10:57 AM (12.235.192.194)

TB, I clearly wrote that Zimmerman's charges never made it to court. It does not change the fact that he was charged with domestic violence, resisting arrest, and battery of a police officer while resisting arrest.

"Criminal Record" is defined as "an individual's summary of contacts with law enforcement agencies. It provides details of arrests, convictions, dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and parole violations committed by an individual." Sorry you don't like it. I understand your point but.....George Zimmerman has a criminal record.....like it or not.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678318 - 03/28/12 11:06 AM (155.178.4.10)

Quote:

TB, I clearly wrote that Zimmerman's charges never made it to court. It does not change the fact that he was charged with domestic violence, resisting arrest, and battery of a police officer while resisting arrest.

"Criminal Record" is defined as "an individual's summary of contacts with law enforcement agencies. It provides details of arrests, convictions, dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and parole violations committed by an individual." Sorry you don't like it. I understand your point but.....George Zimmerman has a criminal record.....like it or not.

That doesn't mean he actually had a history of violence or was a criminal. Even with closed cases. And really, I would love to know why they got closed (man is there conjecture about that!), but not knowing doesn't make him a criminal or violent.

I just don't find it relevant to his responsiblity in this killing. He is responsible, no matter what prior things he did do, didn't do, got busted for, never got caught for, etc. He pursued, confronted, and killed Martin, and that with the known evidence should have been more than enough to arrest and charge him. Instead the law acted like Zimmerman didn't kill a human being (or that they even had a human corpse).

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678319 - 03/28/12 11:07 AM (140.183.63.33)

One sided.

Do all of you arm chair lawyers on here have a licence to practice Fla law?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678321 - 03/28/12 11:25 AM (12.235.192.194)

I do think that the fact that he had been charged with violent crimes prior to this is relevant. Society needs to be protected from this man.
However, I will try to refrain from using the term "criminal record" and will use "arrest record". I understand that you don't want anything to cloud what happened to this young man. We agree on more than disagree.

(I will admitt that I do kind of feel like I am stooping to the CDiddy level by dredging up the arrest record.... though its nothing like getting expelled from school and wearing a hoodie.)

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678323 - 03/28/12 11:30 AM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

(I will admitt that I do kind of feel like I am stooping to the CDiddy level by dredging up the arrest record.... though its nothing like getting expelled from school and wearing a hoodie.)

HAHA! Me too, for defending a murderer! At least we aren't blaming the victim.

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678328 - 03/28/12 11:53 AM (140.147.233.105)

Bingo. This really shouldn't be a discussion of what someone was wearing, what someone use to do, what color they are. It should be a serious discussion on the merit of "Stand your ground" laws and the complete lack of the ability to determine who is at original fault (especially when one person ends up dead) and whether or not that original action adequately initiated the series of events which led to homicide.

If you look at it without details, certainly Zimmerman had the right to be where he was when the confrontation began. However, because of the situation (his pursuit of Martin which led to him being where he was), did he have that right? Again, for the grand jury to decide first and a judge/jury after that.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678329 - 03/28/12 12:10 PM (12.235.192.194)

If I recall correctly, Zimmerman's attorney has stated that this is not a case of "stand your ground". His client acted in self-defense.

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678339 - 03/28/12 01:07 PM (140.147.233.105)

And that's his lawyer's opinion. Like I've said probably about a dozen times now, it's up to the judicial system now.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678340 - 03/28/12 01:29 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

And that's his lawyer's opinion. Like I've said probably about a dozen times now, it's up to the judicial system now.

Scary ain't it?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678343 - 03/28/12 01:54 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

And so far, no responses to my parallel scenario.

::chin scrath::

I'm sorry John....that would require waaaaay too much thinking and thinking makes my head hurt.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678344 - 03/28/12 02:01 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Quote:

was zimmerman told to stay away by the police really?
and did martin know zimmerman had a gun? and then in your imagination he attacked a guy a with a gun? really?

at this part its hard to decide if thats you being deliberately disingenuous.... or something else

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678345 - 03/28/12 02:04 PM (155.178.4.10)

You missed a key wordduh.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678346 - 03/28/12 02:06 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Quote:

It is sad that CDiddy seems to place so little value on life. Someone deserved to die because they were expelled from school and were dressed wrong?

A little off topic. CDiddy, I think you told me once that you knew David Harmon or knew of him. He retired as the administrator of The Middle Peninsula Regional Corrections Center. David died suddenly and unexpectedly on Sunday. He was a very warm, caring man who helped so many of his charges turn their lives around. He treated everyone fairly and with respect. We have lost a truly wonderful man.

sorry to hear that never met him personally but heard about his work often from the folks that are supposed to count most

"Someone deserved to die because they were expelled from school and were dressed wrong?"

no because they failed the darwin exam. they attacked a guy who could and would defend themselves. its a tough class. trayvon just stands out because he was killed by something other than another young black man unlike the other 95% of similar cases

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678347 - 03/28/12 02:25 PM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

"Someone deserved to die because they were expelled from school and were dressed wrong?"

no because they failed the darwin exam. they attacked a guy who could and would defend themselves. its a tough class. trayvon just stands out because he was killed by something other than another young black man unlike the other 95% of similar cases

Proof of Martin attacking Zimmerman? Nope.
Proof of Zimmerman killing Martin? Not in question.

You are at least as guilty of character assassination and jumping to conclusions as anyone you criticize for thinking Zimmerman should be imprisoned. You don't know what happened any better than any other person who wasn't there.

So why do you accept Zimmerman's BS excuse and disdain any other explanation? What is it about the kid that makes him so much less truthful, to you?
You're looking rather like the bigot you aspire to be, pasty. Congratulations.

PS This case doesn't stand out because of who was killed by whom based on color (Are you really that stupid?), it stands out for the incompetent police investigation. Buy a clue, eh.

ETA
PPS If, as you now pretend to note, how Martin was dressed and why he was suspended are irrelevant, why did you bring them up? Oh right, the character assassination. You really are a piece of work, pasty.

--------------------

Edited by True_Bob (03/28/12 02:28 PM)

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678349 - 03/28/12 02:33 PM (76.120.213.58)

other than the folks who saw him on top pounding zimmerman?
or the fact that it was zimmerman who called the cops not martin? he had at least 5 mins before the final confrontation.

This case doesn't stand out because of who was killed by whom based on color (Are you really that stupid?), it stands out for the incompetent police investigation. Buy a clue, eh.

are you blond too?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678350 - 03/28/12 02:35 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

they failed the darwin exam. they attacked a guy who could and would defend themselves. its a tough class. trayvon just stands out because he was killed by something other than another young black man unlike the other 95% of similar cases

The kid died trying to defend himself from a man with a history of violence. A "self-appointed" Neighborhood Watch captain. Zimmerman stalked and killed a kid walking down the street minding his own business. Zimmerman is going to be going through a "tough class". So far the only people he has gone up against have been two women (one a female LE officer), and a kid, but all that is about to change.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678353 - 03/28/12 02:51 PM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

Quote:

other than the folks who saw him on top pounding zimmerman?
or the fact that it was zimmerman who called the cops not martin? he had at least 5 mins before the final confrontation.

The facts are that some (or one?) people say they saw that. Nobody knows if Martin attacked Zimmerman or if Martin was Standing His Ground. Except for you, you know everything.

Quote:

Quote:

This case doesn't stand out because of who was killed by whom based on color (Are you really that stupid?), it stands out for the incompetent police investigation. Buy a clue, eh.

are you blond too?

More with the color biases?

Avoided answer accepted as "No, I am not stupid, I just love to race bait." But then, that's well known about you.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678354 - 03/28/12 02:51 PM (76.120.213.58)

http://newamericamedia.org/2010/08/violence-takes-ongoing-toll-in-black-community.php

http://madamenoire.com/107072/qa-social-scientist-discusses-hypermasculinity-and-black-men/

http://www.thenewblackmagazine.com/view.aspx?index=537

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678355 - 03/28/12 02:53 PM (155.178.6.10)

You are very hopeful. I expect him not to stand for trial, and if he actually were charged, I would expect that the jury pool is well tainted.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678356 - 03/28/12 02:56 PM (155.178.4.10)

Are those cites about cops not bothering to investigate killings, or are they irrelevant BS?

Irrelevant BS. Just more of your race baiting nonsense. You must be so proud.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678358 - 03/28/12 03:00 PM (76.120.213.58)

The facts are that some (or one?) people say they saw that.

how many bobby? wanna take a mulligan? check kos huff po and get back to us?
how many witnesses are listed on original police report? and how many saw something and how many heard only....

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678360 - 03/28/12 03:03 PM (76.120.213.58)

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-3153497.html

http://newsone.com/nation/tjstarr/black-male-on-black-male-crime/

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678361 - 03/28/12 03:06 PM (155.178.180.10)

Quote:

The facts are that some (or one?) people say they saw that.

how many bobby? wanna take a mulligan? check kos huff po and get back to us?
how many witnesses are listed on original police report? and how many saw something and how many heard only....

Doesn't matter how many, Mr Shiny Object. There is no testimony. There are multiple contradictory witness accounts. Like in any case with more than one witness.

Now, who decides what the facts are in the case? Well, besides Para-Armchair Lawyer Pasty.

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678362 - 03/28/12 03:07 PM (140.147.233.105)

Fine, let's play the race game.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/20...shooting?page=2

From Joe Oliver, Zimmerman's black friend going around with his lawyer to defend him:

"OLIVER: Because of the history of the Sanford Police Department in particular and the early characterizations that George is white. That's going to inflame anyone as we continue to see those pictures of Trayvon as a young child. And I for one will tell you that if I didn't know George because of the history of the Sanford Police Department that I am familiar with, I would have been screaming for an arrest along with everyone else."

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678363 - 03/28/12 03:09 PM (155.178.4.10)

Why are you posting that stuff here? It isn't remotely relevant. Start a new thread about the plight of black Americans and your belief in their inherently criminal nature.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678364 - 03/28/12 03:10 PM (76.120.213.58)

actually all the witness stories jibe. well then the twit crutcher changed her mind shes special you'd like her

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678365 - 03/28/12 03:16 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Why are you posting that stuff here? It isn't remotely relevant. Start a new thread about the plight of black Americans and your belief in their inherently criminal nature.

so bobby you missed that the witness statements jibe? and the evidence as well? i figured you'd wanna address that

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678366 - 03/28/12 03:16 PM (155.178.6.10)

Not so much a friend after all. More here:

Quote:

"He couldn't stop crying. He's a caring human being," Oliver, 53, told Reuters in a telephone interview last weekend. "I mean, he took a man's life and he has no idea what to do about it. He's extremely remorseful about it," Oliver said. He was relating stories told to him by Zimmerman's mother-in-law, who is a close friend of Oliver's wife.

Tightest of buds!

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678367 - 03/28/12 03:17 PM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

Quote:

so bobby you missed that the witness statements jibe? and the evidence as well? i figured you'd wanna address that

Nicely schizoid.

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678369 - 03/28/12 03:25 PM (76.120.213.58)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nicely schizoid.

then again maybe you'd prefer to hide and avoid it. play to your strengths bobby

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678373 - 03/28/12 04:29 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

"He couldn't stop crying. He's a caring human being,"

Sure, who was charged with domestic violence in 2005 and 2006. His ex-fiance was so fearful of him that she had a restraining order taken out against him. In 2005 he was charged with resisting an officer with violence when she tried to arrest him (and we know the popo are always right ) and battery of an officer.

He's a caring guy.....just not sure what he cares about other than his own over-inflated ego.

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678374 - 03/28/12 04:44 PM (71.163.243.108)

Yes, as this picture released from his baby sitter's scrapbook shows, Zimmerman was always a hater.
Can we go ahead and have closing arguments now, and proceed with the sentencing? Enough jibber jabber.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678375 - 03/28/12 04:55 PM (72.91.152.118)

Quote:

was zimmerman told to stay away by the police really?
and did martin know zimmerman had a gun? and then in your imagination he attacked a guy a with a gun? really?

at this part its hard to decide if thats you being deliberately disingenuous.... or something else

Since we are playing the speculation game: Did the Trayvon really hit Zimmerman? Was he really a threat to Zimmerman? Was Zimmerman hurt before or after the gun went off, and if so, how man shots were fired?

According to you, Zimmerman was attacked, so it stands to reason that, by your own logic, that Trayvon attacked a guy with a gun.

If that's the case, then Trayvon was defending himself from a man with a gun who was following him.

The dispatch tapes (and I don't know if they have been played in your area, but they have here locally) have Zimmerman admitting following Trayvon, and the dispatcher tells him to stop following and allow the officers to contact Trayvon.

So - We have a man with a history of violence, in possession of a gun, and larger in size following a teenager, who is unarmed. What we really don't know, and by that I mean everyone, is what happened next.

What we do know is that the police did not follow through with an investigation and now outside parties have been called because the department did not do their job from the beginning (covering for a friend perhaps?). We have a dead unarmed teenager, and the man who fired the weapon killing the teenager and sustaining a head injury.

Now here's a little food for thought: No one has stated whether or not that injury Zimmerman sustained was after the shot was fired, or actually how many shots were fired at all. And for the sake of argument, there is always the possibility that he may could have given himself the injuries (yeah, I know far fetched but it happens - 10 years of law enforcement taught me that)

Bottomline: We are not going to know for sure what happened until this investigation is completed.

Say what you will, but Zimmerman is not the innocent you are trying to claim he is. If that were the case, he would have stopped pursuing Trayvon when directed too. Had Zimmerman backed off like instructed, no one would have felt threatened, either party, and no one would be discussing the matter. Zimmerman is still responsible for Trayvon's death no matter what.

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678376 - 03/28/12 05:14 PM (71.163.243.108)

This just in claiming "police" did request an arrest warrant from Prosecutor's office, but for reasons undisclosed, wasn't completed. The police chief then issued the stand your ground statement. So it's not clear ( to me at least) where the decision was generated to not file charges BUT IT WLL COME OUT. We now return you to the Cajun's finger-waving-dissing-incident.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

rally2xs
Mega FUG

#1678377 - 03/28/12 05:44 PM (24.245.107.186)

Quote:

If that's the case, then Trayvon was defending himself from a man with a gun who was following him.

It is not justifiable to attack someone for simply following you. This assumes the assailant can't see the gun, which is typical for a concealed carry person - the gun is somewhere out of sight if it is in its holster. If the assailant attacks someone with a gun and they can see the gun, then they are either a serious martial artist with an element of surprise, or a complete idiot.

--------------------

gargayle
FUG For Life

#1678379 - 03/28/12 06:00 PM (72.91.152.118)

And we may never know the truth...

--------------------
~~~~(\~~~~

dadster3
Super FUG

#1678380 - 03/28/12 06:29 PM (72.196.222.123)

Quote:

One sided.

It may or may not be one-sided. The post was to summarize what is being reported in a variety of media outlets. That none seem to be favorable to Zimmerman certainly seems to be the case. How about helping us out by finding some credible pro-Zimmerman reporting. The operable word is 'credible.'

I'm not aware that any license is required to comment on Florida law. Perhaps you could look into that for us too.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678384 - 03/28/12 09:07 PM (12.235.192.194)

LOOK MA! NO BLOOD AND NO BRUISES!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-police-vi...artin-shooting/

--------------------

MF
FUGmaster Flash

#1678388 - 03/28/12 10:14 PM (24.125.216.213)

Quote:

One sided.

===============================

Again..I ask all of you...Why did Zimmerman shoot the kid? Did he already have his mind made up he was going to shoot a black kid in the neighborhood ?
So I ask....Why deadly force ?? what was it that triggered this response ?? Where is the eyewitness that can testify that he saw something different than what Zimmerman has said ??
Why was deadly force used ??
The bag of pot doesn't matter...the stop following him doesn't matter...what he fed his dog for dinner does not matter...
Why did he use deadly force??
He was getting his arse whipped and feared for his life ??
Where is the witness that can feesibly tell a different story ?? I do not think there is a witness that can do this,,,

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678392 - 03/29/12 06:13 AM (155.178.5.10)

Quote:

If the assailant attacks someone with a gun and they can see the gun, then they are either a serious martial artist with an element of surprise, or a complete idiot.

Or perhaps afraid for their life, inexperienced, and seeing no other choice.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678393 - 03/29/12 06:32 AM (155.178.4.10)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nicely schizoid.

then again maybe you'd prefer to hide and avoid it. play to your strengths bobby

Evidence like Zimmerman being unscathed at the police station? How about the "intial police report" providing Martin's full name, address, and phone number when he was unidentified, tagged as a John Doe (see, the report's been modified, we haven't seen the original report - so that mod may very well have added other information)? When did they canvass the neighborhood for other witnesses? When did they canvass the neighborhood to find if anyone was missing? Have you seen the size of the neighborhood? It isn't so big it couldn't be scoured. And it is not so big that you could get lost and have to check a street sign.

Now, who is it that examines the evidence and determines the facts of the case?

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678402 - 03/29/12 08:46 AM (140.183.63.33)

Quote:

Quote:

One sided.

It may or may not be one-sided. The post was to summarize what is being reported in a variety of media outlets. That none seem to be favorable to Zimmerman certainly seems to be the case. How about helping us out by finding some credible pro-Zimmerman reporting. The operable word is 'credible.'

I'm not aware that any license is required to comment on Florida law. Perhaps you could look into that for us too.

I think it was written slanted to one scenario and not the possibility that Zimmerman could be telling the truth. I don't know who is guilty, I wasn't there and am not privy to the facts the police have. There is no credible media source pro or con as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the arm chair lawyers, VA law and FLA law are different and some on here seem to be applying the law as they see it here to what happened there. In the past many have been tried, convicted and sentenced on here only to find out later the “facts” weren’t really the facts.

--------------------

Minx
stranger

#1678407 - 03/29/12 09:20 AM (70.42.158.246)

I suspect that Zimmerman thought he was going to be a hero by leading the police to a bad guy. I also suspect that any teenage boy wearing a hoodie would have fit Zimmerman's description of a "bad guy". He (Zimmerman) probably thought he'd follow Martin to his destination and point out to the police where he (Martin) was hiding out.

Unfortunately, Martin turned to confront Zimmerman, and whether it got physical or not, one thing remains undisputed - Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. My suspicion is that Zimmerman was not expecting Martin to turn around, and he panicked when he did.

I don't think Zimmerman is a bad person - he just used bad judgement and killed an innocent kid as a result.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

Re: I haven't paid a lot of attention to [Re: Minx]
      #1678411 - 03/29/12 09:40 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

I suspect that Zimmerman thought he was going to be a hero by leading the police to a bad guy. I also suspect that any teenage boy wearing a hoodie would have fit Zimmerman's description of a "bad guy". He (Zimmerman) probably thought he'd follow Martin to his destination and point out to the police where he (Martin) was hiding out.

Unfortunately, Martin turned to confront Zimmerman, and whether it got physical or not, one thing remains undisputed - Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. My suspicion is that Zimmerman was not expecting Martin to turn around, and he panicked when he did.

I don't think Zimmerman is a bad person - he just used bad judgement and killed an innocent kid as a result.

I don't know what happened that night but we are looking at a man who is known to resort to violence. There is no history of violence with Trayvon Martin. If Zimmerman is not a bad person why did his ex-fiance have him charged with domestic violence? Why did she take out a restraining order against him? Why was he charged with resisting arrest? Why was he charged with battery of a police officer?

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678412 - 03/29/12 09:46 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

One sided.

===============================

Again..I ask all of you...Why did Zimmerman shoot the kid? Did he already have his mind made up he was going to shoot a black kid in the neighborhood ?
So I ask....Why deadly force ?? what was it that triggered this response ?? Where is the eyewitness that can testify that he saw something different than what Zimmerman has said ??
Why was deadly force used ??
The bag of pot doesn't matter...the stop following him doesn't matter...what he fed his dog for dinner does not matter...
Why did he use deadly force??
He was getting his arse whipped and feared for his life ??
Where is the witness that can feesibly tell a different story ?? I do not think there is a witness that can do this,,,

I don't think we are talking about a normal person here. This is a man with "authority" issues and a history of violent behavior. When you ask "why" please take this into consideration.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678413 - 03/29/12 09:47 AM (155.178.6.10)

If the po-po are less than competent/honest in this case, they may not have been so honest/competent in prior cases. Plus there's no explaining what a woman scorned might do.

Gotta go wash. I feel all pasty again.

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678414 - 03/29/12 09:56 AM (140.183.63.33)

I wish someone from the media would get Sharpton,Jackson and the others like them to read this and see if they know where it came from,

"But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force."

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678415 - 03/29/12 09:56 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

One sided.

PULLLEEZZE!

Just because you have a license to practice ignunce you don't have to rub in our faces that we don't have a license.

It is sad to have to explain this but I don't know of anyone here who claims to be practicing law. I am guessing that most of us enjoy interacting with each other, sharing views, and information. I do enjoy it....I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Sometimes I learn something. Of course there are a few who already know it all.....so why bother?

--------------------

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678416 - 03/29/12 10:01 AM (71.161.60.209)

I'm licenced to ill.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678419 - 03/29/12 10:23 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

I'm licenced to ill.

Speaking of ill....have you been able to work with the gimpy knee?

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678421 - 03/29/12 10:27 AM (155.178.5.10)

It's spelled "authoritah".

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678423 - 03/29/12 10:30 AM (12.235.192.194)

Since we are playing the speculation game:

YES! YES! YES!

What we do best!

Thank you!

--------------------

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678424 - 03/29/12 10:34 AM (140.183.63.33)

Quote:

Quote:

One sided.

PULLLEEZZE!

Just because you have a license to practice ignunce you don't have to rub in our faces that we don't have a license.

It is sad to have to explain this but I don't know of anyone here who claims to be practicing law. I am guessing that most of us enjoy interacting with each other, sharing views, and information. I do enjoy it....I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Sometimes I learn something. Of course there are a few who already know it all.....so why bother?

I guess you are to Ignorant to know what sarcasm is so as you say, why bother.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678426 - 03/29/12 10:41 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

LOOK MA! NO BLOOD AND NO BRUISES!

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-police-vi...artin-shooting/

Even minor head wounds tend to bleed heavily because there are so many blood vessels close to the surface of the skin on the face and scalp. Zimmerman was supposed to have a cut on the back of his head that "might have needed stitches". He was supposed to have a broken nose. The last person I saw with a broken nose (baseball in the face) had bruising and swelling under both eyes. His nose was laying off to one side....almost flat on his face. The front of his shirt was bloody.

Even though the video quality is not the best....he and his clothing look pretty good for someone who had those injuries and had been in a fight for his life.

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678428 - 03/29/12 10:56 AM (155.178.4.10)

That's because he hadn't been in a fight.
If he had, he would be unkempt (shirt untucked at least).
If he were injured and treated at the scene (SFD tended to him when he was sitting in a cop car), he would have bandages.
If he'd been injured, competent cops would take photos when they first encounter him, or at least at the station to document the injuries.
If he had been bleeding, the cops would be wearing vinyl gloves.

This all smells more fishy than a charter boat.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678430 - 03/29/12 11:06 AM (12.235.192.194)

I'm sorry TB, but I have to disagree with you on this one....It smells more than a CHUM BUCKET!

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1678431 - 03/29/12 11:09 AM (155.178.4.10)

Oh yeah? OH YEAH!?!?

How many chum buckets on a charter boat? Hmmm?

--------------------

Sipowitz
Mega FUG

#1678432 - 03/29/12 11:10 AM (140.147.233.105)

Stop talking about the smells guys, you're making me randy.

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678434 - 03/29/12 11:33 AM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Oh yeah? OH YEAH!?!?

How many chum buckets on a charter boat? Hmmm?

None right now, Mr. Smarty-Tard! It's too early.

I better shut-the-hell-up before someone spoods their monitor screen.

--------------------

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678455 - 03/29/12 03:06 PM (12.235.192.194)

An attorney for Zimmerman is saying that the reason he wasn't covered in blood was because he was cleaned up by paramedics at the scene before police took him in for questioning.

(They had a washer and dryer in the back of their ambulance.)

The mortician who prepared Trayvon Martin's body states that Trayvon did not have any cuts or bruises to his hands. The only injury observed to his body was a gunshot wound to the chest. (autopsy results have not been released)

--------------------

Edited by pooh (03/29/12 08:04 PM)

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678579 - 03/31/12 06:33 PM (12.235.192.194)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

One sided.

PULLLEEZZE!

I guess you are to Ignorant to know what sarcasm is so as you say, why bother.

I like my sarcasm sharp and satirical with an element of humor. That ain't it.

--------------------

Edited by pooh (03/31/12 06:37 PM)

pooh
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678580 - 03/31/12 06:36 PM (12.235.192.194)

Hey John! Your spawn is suffering from a failure to thrive. Do something!

--------------------

Edited by pooh (03/31/12 08:03 PM)

john1315Moderator
stranger

#1678584 - 03/31/12 08:00 PM (71.161.46.166)

George Zimmerman is a honkey mofo who lives at 329 Saltine Cracker Drive in Mayonnaise, Florida!

23.88 hour news cycle, whaddye gonna do...

--------------------

StaffordLarry
Mystical FUG Sage

#1678624 - 04/01/12 06:39 PM (71.163.243.108)

Finally, an unbiased, truth filled statement with no underlying sentiment.

--------------------

― Mahatma Gandhi

kracer55
Super FUG

#1678659 - 04/02/12 11:46 AM (140.183.63.33)

The pot is stirred again,

ABC Video NBC audio

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1678675 - 04/02/12 03:25 PM (76.120.213.58)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012...-original-video

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1679142 - 04/09/12 01:00 PM (76.120.213.58)

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/09/spe...tion/?hpt=hp_t1

--------------------

cassandra&sarasdaddy
FUG Dignitary

#1679264 - 04/10/12 07:09 PM (76.120.213.58)

"The community that he was watching thought he was a nut job to begin with and called the police themselves several times about Zimmerman's "overzealous" neighborhood watch practices."

bull channeling bobby?

--------------------

True_Bob
FUGmaster Flash

#1679271 - 04/11/12 06:44 AM (155.178.4.10)

Aw look everyone - pasty is desperate for attention. And he chose me!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 21999

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com