YOUR TOWN:  Caroline | Culpeper | Dahlgren | King George | Fredericksburg | Orange | Spotsylvania | Stafford | Westmoreland   TODAY: 09.18.14 | 

The hot seat >> Religion

Pages: 1
LivingGently
Master FUGer

Reged: 11/06/03
Loc: : In the State of Bliss
Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes
      #419330 - 07/04/04 05:07 PM (68.97.138.34)

Disclaimer:

Please pardon the length and apparent attack on certain political affiliations and religions in this thread. If you read it as I intended, you'll understand I'm only using examples with which I'm most familiar, which are my own experiences.

Also I had no idea which forum this should fall in as it covers several. It's a REALLY important subject to me and I chose fredtalk in which to air it, because, out of all of the other forums I've visited, you guys are the most intelligent. I'm hoping you'll understand what I'm trying to say without too much haggling.

And, Ladies, this one's for you. I need you ALL to please read it! PULEEEEEEEEASE!! And plueeeeeeeeease ask questions!!! I think in pictures and this is very difficult for me to put into abstract terminolgy...

I'm reading the book called "The Alphabet Versus The Goddess", by Leonard Shlain. ( The Alphabet Vs. The Goddess Website ), and Mr. Shlain gets my personal thumbs up for his other book: "Art And Physics". For those who want to know, he is Chief of Laparoscopic Surgery at California-Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco and one smart dude, but I digress... Since this is so long, I'll shut up and stop giving y'all sidenotes.

Ok, Freaky, you're allowed to give me all ya got on this topic!!!

Bush : The Left-Brained Emporer Without Any Clothes
© 2004 "Living Gently" ( I might wanna publish this somewhere. )

I'm reading Leonard Shlain's book "The Alphabet Versus The Goddess" and am, therefore, realizing the confirmation of my previous assumption that postulates how we're all being conditioned to believe that Reality can only be changed when the words defining/describing it, ( by laws of Secular Society ), are changed. This is how laws began to control our lives/people instead of our lives/people controlling the laws...Or rather, how those who control the abstract words control our lives/people.

I'll quote Mr. Shlain for clarification:

Quote:

" - writing subliminally fosters a pariarchal outlook. Writing of any kind, but especially in it's alphabetic form, diminishes feminine values and with them, women's power in culture. - I propose that a HOLISTIC, SIMULTANEOUS, SYNTHETIC, and CONCRETE view of the world are essential characteristics of a feminine outlook; linear, sequential, reductionist, and abstract thinking defines the masculine.

He goes on to say :

Quote:

Literacy has promoted the subjugation of women by men throughout all but the very recent history of the west. Misognyny and patriarchy rise and fall with the fortunes of the alphabetic word. Among the two most important influences on a child are the emotional constellation of his or her immediate family and the configuration of his or her culture. Trailing a close third is the principal medium with which the child learns to perceive and integrate his or her culture's information. This medium will play a role in determining which NEUROLOGICAL PATHWAYS of the child's developing brain will be reinforced.

Now, take this even further along the path of logic...

All boiled down to simple terms, this means that Secular Society is attempting to control OUR concrete Reality, ( or at least our thought processes and the resulting activities ), through abstract means: the written word which, in turn, nullifies right-brained characteristics that are paramount to understanding Reality as it truely IS..

I don't JUST mean they're trying to keep women in line; I mean they're covertly attempting to re-wire the brains of both sexes and NOT just to keep men in control, but to eradicate all right-brain benefits to mankind...THAT is what keeps the left-brainers in control over "the meek", the "artistic", "the peacemakers"....

Please don't give up because I've written too much or because this subject seems "deep"; it will get easier to understand as I go along. In fact, the confusion you're feeling, due to all of these words, is the perfect example of everything I'm going to expose.

Again, Secular Society is attempting to control concrete Reality by abstract means through the repeated idea that states: "words/laws create Reality". This creates a Society where-in the abstract image, ( of the appearance of perfection? ), supplants the concrete reality of things as they actually are. A false, mental image takes the place of true, concrete reality..

The artificial image in the mind - given to us through the abstract words - replaces true Reality. Mere words then control the lives of men and women rather than the lives of real men and women, ( or God ), controlling abstract words.

The glorification of words, any words, all words/laws, are Religion just as much as any other set of words/laws. Even now, as I write, I have a MENTAL image of using the power of words to turn people back to a purely concrete Reality of Personal Freedoms before all personal freedoms have been supplanted by mere abstract words ABOUT personal freedom/free will...

Not to pick on any one particular religion, but since this is my own and I know it intimately, I'll use it for my example, Christians have been perfectly conditioned already to believe "salvation" from God is an abstract, rather than the present reality Christ was sent to demonstrate to them.

This was done through written theology replacing the concrete acts of God within and through His people. In being so primed, they were the perfect sect to be wooed by Secular Society into their abstract thought-processing trap, for it's nothing but a "hop, skip, and a jump" for Secular Society - disguised in sheep's clothing - to convince them of, especially, the abstract promise of a, ( future ), salvation by the government.

Their NEUROLOGICAL PATHWAYS have already been TRAINED - through the eradication of right-brained images of the CONCRETE truth - to accept this fraud as an abstract "fact" through constant schooling in nothing but Left-Brained modalities. This is also why the Right-Brained Arts are being literally removed from public schools. True Images = Right Brained Concrete Reality - while Left-Brained Abstract words are only a vague approximation there-of. The latter re-wires the brain to act and think accordingly.

The results equal the eradication of all Right-Brained activities. For example : the emotions attrify like an unused muscle. Right-Brained Ladies should now perfectly understand why their left-brained men are so cold-hearted. They're feeding off of nothing but left-Brained modalities of thought. Men are technically wired this way anyway. ( See the other article at the end of this rant for more insight into the problem. )

Thusly, the general population, especially Christians, not only refuses to listen to Right-Brained concrete Reality, but they also refuse to SEE Right-Brained concrete Reality. Just TRYYYYY to give them the concrete truth, ( not written abstractions ABOUT it, but REAL, concrete PROOF of a fact ), and they'll deny it to no end!!!

Example: "Whadaya mean Iraq had no ties to Al Qeada?!?!?!?! Sadam Hussein most certainly DID bomb the WTC!!!!!"

Those in charge of this Left-Brain moderated conspiracy make sure they also control both the words - and the images we're given, ( which right-brained images might have the real power to return the People to Right-Brained CONCRETE Reality ), so that a cohesive "comprehension" of their Left-Brained Materialistic, ( aka MALE dominated ), view of Reality will continue to reign and not just survive, but profit from it's plot. ( This is not a feminist rant, nor do I endorse R-B over L-B thought, but a balance of the two. ) In short, the image-based media refuse to put forth any R-B based images that contest or contradict the L-B abstract fraud being perpetrated against the people.

The wolves in sheep's clothing refuse to publish the R-B concrete images showing the wolves changing into their sheepskins made LITERALLY from the dead lambs, ( ie: babies and children ), upon whom they are feeding... Instead, they show only R-B images to SUPPORT the L-B, abstract fraud that promotes the lie that states the Left-Brainers are "righteous and good, and are serving the people"..

The media, making their government - or religiously - sanctioned images/icons of propaganda, are just as constrained by the abstract words/laws as are the general population, therefore, should they know/understand the concrete Reality of this L-B Conspiracy, they are too afraid to report The R-B concrete Reality that exposes it.

Like the city afraid to report the concrete reality of the LACK of the Emporer's "New Clothes", they are terrified to be labeled as "Fools" for "failure to see/comprehend" the Emporer's "New Clothes". They are there-by kept from screaming : "The Emporer is naked and there's a FRAUD going on!" Most would be fired by their L-B bosses...

The L-B Emporer, on the other hand, is doing all he can to assure the public that HIS version of L-B ABSTRACT "Reality", ( all based upon abstract words and promises ), is "correct". He will even go so far as to create this "concrete reality" - where it didn't exist before to "prove" it.

Those who have been theologically conditioned to follow abstract words more than the ACTUAL/FACTUAL concrete reality right under their noses - will follow the bearer of the abstract words even "unto death" in the arranged version of "reality" created to support the abstract postulation, ( or even threat ), of it.

Example : War In Iraq...

This, plus much, much more, has been brought to us by the promoters of L-B NEUROLOGICAL MANIPULATION and it's corresponding NULLIFICATION of Right-Brained sensabilities, sensativities, and love of concrete verification of reality. This is HOW we've been deliberately and literally dumbed down. This is HOW Left-Brained despotism has conquered Right-Brained Reality literally RE-WIRING THE BRAIN of the sheep for the slaughter - and for Left-Brained profit....

Again, this is all acheived through the forced left-brained modalities of thought in public schooling.

It's the METHOD of learning, not so much the content, that is the CULPRIT!!!!!

No wonder there's a grand scale exodus from both Secularism and Left-Brained re-wired "Christianity" into a more concrete Reality based belief system processing nothing more than what is directly in front of you, ( also known as naturalism/spiritualism ).

Left-Brained propaganda, ie: the paradigm postulated by Secularists supported now by Christianity, again begins with the abstract and, then, appears to metamorphesize into an actual form of reality.

Example : Continued Warnings Of Terrorism

However this appears to the public, in truth it's nothing more than a contrived set of circumstances created to fit the specifications of the abstract fantasy. It may prove that the fantasy can be turned into something concrete, but this does not prove that it is reality itself OR that it's results are really good for us! In this way, the artificially contrived object or situation is substituted for TRUE Reality and all the ignorant sheep say : "Amen"...

The Emporer not only has his own set of "New Left Brained Clothes", but he has everyone else in the kingdom "sporting them also"... Their NEUROLOGICAL PATHWAYS were LITERALLY manupilated by the ABSTRACT words and images mandated into law long ago...

For those of you who have followed along correctly, this situation has also created a windfall of monetary gain for the medical and psychological communities, not to mention the wealth gained from the addicts of Madison Avenue and/or Corporate America.

How ya gonna keep 'em down on the, ( Right Brained ), Farm after they've seen, ( Left Brained ), Paree?

And don't you even think for a minute that the most educated generation of all time has not known what they're doing to the men, women, and children of this country - and the world - through forced Left-Brained neurological manipulation. It was no accident and you'd better believe it is REAL.

Other Sites to see:

Left-Brained/Male Abstraction Creates Misogyny

Yes, Ladies, this Left-Brained/MALE Modality of Thought/Reality REALLY DOES nullify Right-Brained/FEMALE Reality - in more ways than JUST giving us a skewered version of concrete reality as it pertains to politics and religion.... It's also at the root of hatred of women.

Leonard Shlain proves the abstract written word creates the subversion of the Feminine/Goddess in both ancient and Modern history. However, it's much, much more than that to me. It's how the government has been stealthily taking over the minds of Americans without them even knowing it and causing them to react to everything in left-brained activities for the government's profit; not OURS!!! This subject fits into the catagory of religion to me, because, by my definition, the mind IS the SPIRIT...Therefore, the nullification of the right side of the brain is the nullification of my center of inspiration.

The government has, therefore, been doing this to replace true concrete reality/spirituality, with the abstract/false, and to replace real truth with lies...

Left-brained Abstract words are their literal neurological weapons of mass religious destruction that creates left-brained, dumbed down slaves - and the abstract conditioned christians have been helping the left-brainers, because they don't want to , once again, be called "idiots" for believing something that's supposedly "scientific" - is CONCRETELY wrong....

They already screwed up with "the world is flat" debacle. They don't want to lose face again...

PLEASE comment! Ask questions! Read the book!! What Shlain exposes goes far deeper than JUST "The Alphabet Versus The Goddess". It also exposes The State versus the Real Church/Real Spirituality and Concrete Reality versus The Abstract...

I was just happy to learn I'm not the only one who understands the dangers of becoming a left-brained society...

This subject really IS a Big Deal...and somebody somewhere has GOT to start discussing it. Wouldn't it be cool it those people were US?!?!??!

--------------------
Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thàinig thu.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon
Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: LivingGently]
      #419369 - 07/04/04 07:14 PM (67.171.131.216)

Here's another view:

Quote:

http://www.skeptic.com/981218.html

Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: Rumblefrog]
      #419376 - 07/04/04 07:25 PM (67.171.131.216)

Here's another tidbit:

http://williamcalvin.com/bk2/bk2ch10.htm

The very validity of the "Left Brain / Right Brain" theory has come under a great deal of attack in recent years.

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#419381 - 07/04/04 07:56 PM (68.97.138.34)

Quote:

Here's another view: http://www.skeptic.com/981218.html

Quote:

I had Shlain on my radio show a couple of weeks ago. He's a complete crack pot. He's a brain surgeon, but he's still a crack pot. He has no idea how history or archaeology are done, not a clue. If he practiced brain surgery like he practices history and archaeology he would lose his license to practice medicine. There is absolutely nothing to it. He's even wrong about the invention of the alphabet, so from page 1 on he's blown it (he's off by about 1500 years). This book is a waste of trees.

Thanks for plowing through my "article", but the patriarchal versus matriarchal theory of Shlain's book wasn't my point. It's the fact that an imbalance of left-brain thought processing really does attrify the right-brain. I know this to be true as an artist. It's what causes artist's block. I've fought against left-brain processing my whole life. It doesn't work for me...

These methods of learning/thinking/teaching, and, yes, even BE-ing, are also known as Visual-Spacial versus Audio-Sequential methods. The former is Holistic/Concrete in nature, ( ie: "A picture is worth a thousand words." ), and the latter is Reductionary/Abstract in nature, ( Ecc. 12: 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. ); the former gives energy and inspiration, the latter will exhaust you...

You might understand better, Rumblefrog, if I was to compare the Living Son of God to the abstract words describing Him and how the latter has replaced "The Former". The Creative Energy is in the Son, not the words describing him.. Don't take this part out of context. I'm still just discussing abstracts versus concrete reality.

When the abstract supplants concrete reality, it also steals the power that would come from the reality. ( That statement too is somewhat off topic, but is still true for me as an artist..) When abstract words take over a society, then REAL, concrete compassion flies out the window. If people want to "feel" compassionate, they merely read ABOUT it, and then claim they have it, even though their concrete actions plainly point out the fraud. There's no telling them any differently either.

To me, this method of living has come about because we've all been forced into an overdose of abstraction. It's cut off our Right-Brained based emotional supply of love and caring amongst everything else that houses itself there.

People are as distanced from each other as words on a page... We willingly gave up concrete reality for the titillating fantasies that artificial left-brained, two-dimensional, superficial images could give us.

I think Shlain is right on in this part of his theory. As I said, I'm not even interested in the male versus female aspect, though it is interesting especially in light of the other article I found about how men "objectify" women, and that completely falls under the point I was trying to make. Objectifying things - any thing - is exactly what an imbalance of left-brained thinking would do to a person.

I was just stating that another side-effect of left-brain imbalance also cuts us off from the sourse of spirituality and inspiration when the Right-Brain is denied activity...

Could it be that men actually have fostered a more abstract version of society, religion, and politics versus the female's idea of a concrete - and much more nuturing type - version of the same because of man's addiction to two-dimensional processing? Ya gotta admit, the church has gotten way too abstract for it's own good. Society is the same...

I couldn't help but notice a man, and a left-brained one at that, wrote that assessment of Leonard Shlain and his book....

--------------------

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#419390 - 07/04/04 08:14 PM (68.97.138.34)

Quote:

Here's another tidbit:

http://williamcalvin.com/bk2/bk2ch10.htm

The very validity of the "Left Brain / Right Brain" theory has come under a great deal of attack in recent years.

Have you ever read the books :

How To Teach Your Baby To Read By Glen Doman

and

Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain By Betty Edwards

Both of these books are older and the research done by Doman is amazing. Older books by John Holt regarding education, or rather "Unschooling" and the use of concrete methods of education over abstract methods, also support the concrete way artists - and now alot of autistics and gifted and talented children and adults - view the world/reality...

Even Einstein attempted to explain to people how he "Saw" all of his "discoveries" as holistic pictures in his mind, but couldn't find the abstract words to convey what he knew. He was also one who rejected abstract language, ( based in the left-side of the brain ), for the first 4 years of his life and didn't even start to speak clearly until he was 9...

--------------------

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#419393 - 07/04/04 08:37 PM (68.97.138.34)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Here's the background on William H. Calvin:

Conspiracy Of Heretics: The Global Business Network

Quote:

The Joint Chiefs of staff, for example, hired Global Business Network to help figure out what the nature of military threats to the United States might be for the next 30 years. (The most challenging possibility: what would they do should they face decades of peace?)

Quote:

GBN has profited from untangling concepts like "loyalty," "altruism," "community," "honesty," "individualism," "justice," and "fun" for Dentsu Inc., the Japanese advertising agency that is the largest in the world.

Quote:

The day before, when Genentech Inc., one of the world's leading biotech companies, had discovered GBN was coming, it was sufficiently awed that it rolled out its director of bio-organic chemistry, director of pharmaceutical R&D, director of business development, and several of its hottest, young, jeans-clad scientists. The primary thing the GBNers learned from this encounter was that when bioengineers create new forms of life, they rarely, if ever, discuss the ethics and societal implications of what they're doing. "Just wait till this technology moves off-shore," said GBN co-founder, Stewart Brand. "The developing countries' corporate motto is gonna be" -- he smirked and waved his hand -- "Ahhhhh, Just Do It."

Lessee...To whose benefit is it to keep us in abstract mode so we can't see the whole bigger picture: ours or Global Business Network? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that's a toughy.... Oh that's right... It's THEIR'S.

--------------------

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#419408 - 07/04/04 10:07 PM (68.97.138.34)

Case in Point: If Left Brain versus Right Brain modalities of thought are out of vogue, then why are the schools still basing their educational theories on them?

Left Brain/Right Brain : Pathways To Reach Every Learner

Wouldn't you think something as important as this "fallacy" would have been trashed by the school system by now?

--------------------

Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

#419496 - 07/05/04 02:22 AM (67.171.131.216)

Quote:

Have you ever read the books :

I have read the Doman book, and it was, indeed, amazing.

I will try to address my ideas and opinions about the Shlain theories when I have a little more mental energy. I just got home from the Independence Day celebration and Blues Festival at Portland's Waterfront park, and it is 11:00 p.m.

I'll stew on this stuff some more tomorrow.

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#420265 - 07/05/04 10:58 PM (68.97.138.34)

Quote:

I have read the Doman book, and it was, indeed, amazing.

I will try to address my ideas and opinions about the Shlain theories when I have a little more mental energy. I just got home from the Independence Day celebration and Blues Festival at Portland's Waterfront park, and it is 11:00 p.m.

I'll stew on this stuff some more tomorrow.

Don't focus on Shlain; just the neurological pathways being attacked by rote-learning promoters...

I was hoping everyone could have some fun with this, but then I'm a strange person. To me "Fun" was sitting at the computer all day researching neurological pathways and their regeneration through, you guessed it, right-brained, ( or if you prefer the term : "creative" ), stimulation...

This means that even people like Autistics can grow the new neurons, ( specifically the "branches" ), necessary to the connections needed for integration of thought processing.

I've got a whole new inter-related theory today and an article describing it called : "The Destruction Of The Neurological Pathway To Freedom". It essentially postulates that the rote-learning processes of the left-brain, ( or whatever you want to lable "those" pathways ), causes the withering away of the right-brained pathways, ( again, label them what you like, [ I'm leaning toward the hippocampic? bulb ] ), and this also causes the deterioration of the part of the person that gives them the desire for individualism - and the right to exercize everything within them that would ensure their freedom...

Since this L-B "herd mentality", ( ie: the opposite of individual freedom ), is promoted in the school systems through the subversion of those methods that would preserve the creative mind and it's propensity for individual freedom, and the marketplace in which to profit from it, I found this research an interesting diversion today and totally in agreement with what I was trying to explain above...

Can you tell I rarely get bored?

Anyway, I found much to support all of this on line. It's even been called "Neronal Darwinism": If certain Neurological Pathways are not used, ( ie: are subverted through mere rote learning methods ), then they just die off. Among other things, through a series of disorderly events, this causes the loss of our freedom....

Interestingly enough Hyperberic Oxygen Treatments are being found to regenerate the neurons that were not dead, but, like Sleeping Beauty, are only "under the spell" - of either vaccine damage or - rote learning caused deficiencies.

I still think this is a conspiracy. No one is going to convince me educational researchers didn't already know the effects of rote learning.

Look at Japan...

All anyone has to do is watch "Lost In Translation" to see the left-brained plot I'm talking about. It's a Madison Avenue Corporation's dream come true.

Again, this really is all "Religious" to me. Materialism is the direct opposite of Spirituality to me and the philosophy of materialism is the mantra of those who promote "L-B" neuronal dominance. It, sooner or later, kills off "the place" of inspiration, ( ie: neurons of inspiration? ), in the brain necessary to religious belief and all creative/artistic ability...

Now THAT I can't have no matter what it's labeled...

--------------------

Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

#420416 - 07/06/04 12:15 AM (67.171.131.216)

I absolutely agree that rote learning methods kill creativity. I saw much evidence of this in college. The Japanese students were great at memorizing formulas and facts, as they'd been required to do for years at home, but they were never the students who came up with novel and creative solutions to problems.

On the other hand, I utterly disagree with the idea that the so called "left brain" style of thinking, for which the male is supposedly so well suited, is necessarily at odds with the creative process of thinking. Long before I ever figured out that I wanted to be an engineer, I was drawn to the arts. I am nearly obsessed with music. I used to have a darkroom and fancy myself a rather creative photographer. I used to make "paintings" by cutting out zillions of minutely detailed bits from paper and "building up" a picture in various layers (I know there's a name for this, but I didn't know anyone else had done it when I first started); I once constructed a picture of a large, spreading Oak tree, one leaf at a time.

Eventually, after trying many different directions, I found that engineering afforded me a tremendous creative outlet. And yet engineering consists of physics and chemistry, dynamics and metallurgy, strength of materials, mathematics and so on - all subjects that I believe would readily be labeled as "left brain" dominant activities.

I think language has, in fact, facilitated an explosion of creativity in the human race. While I don't believe in evolution, it can be seen that the boom in mankind's creative expression has accompanied the boom in communications.

I do believe in adaptation and survival of the fittest (to some degree), and it seems perfectly obvious to me that what is called "left brain" thinking has dominated society (via men?) because it is simply the most successful mode of thought. I also argue that it is the most creative in that it is the thinking process that enables people to interface with their environment, ask questions, perform experiments and find solutions to survival problems. I see no evidence that this sort of thinking and the creative, spiritual side are in any way mutually exclusive. I fervently believe that the human mind is a cooperative effort of these supposedly distinct processes. Those who are geniuses at mathematics often turn out to be geniuses in the arts and, furthermore, tend to be deeply spiritual in very unconventional ways.

LivingGently
Master FUGer

#420548 - 07/06/04 02:05 AM (68.97.138.34)

Quote:

I utterly disagree with the idea that the so called "left brain" style of thinking, for which the male is supposedly so well suited, is necessarily at odds with the creative process of thinking.
Eventually, after trying many different directions, I found that engineering afforded me a tremendous creative outlet. And yet engineering consists of physics and chemistry, dynamics and metallurgy, strength of materials, mathematics and so on - all subjects that I believe would readily be labeled as "left brain" dominant activities.

I know they're supposed to be considered L-B activites, but I'm interested in alot of the same things also, especially physics, so I'm going to be bold enough to say that maybe it's the Holistic way in which we look at the subject that makes it more "R-B/creative", Holistic/whatever, than L-B/rotely related. Somehow I'm thinking the key to all of this is termed "rotely memorized" versus "intuitively discerned"...

Example of a Holistic Thinker who is an Engineer:
Temple Grandin

She wrote the Book called "Thinking In Pictures", which is typically an R-B activity. She explains, ( not so much on this site, but in her book ), how this ability was utilized in what is typically thought of as L-B design type activities. They "became R-B" because of her "holistic", versus "sequential", approach. This is the site regarding her work:
Livestock Behaviour, Design of Facilities and Humane Slaughter

I'm trying to figure out how to break all of this down into language which, I guess hasn't been used before, or I just can't run across on the internet without it being affiliated with people who also believe in UFO's, ya know? The other terminology I've found is Visual Spatial versus Audio-Sequential...

I think you'd be interested in this article explaining how holistic thinking, which includes the tale of certain physicists, is called "R-B"/Creative, ( for lack of better terms ):

Autism, Genius, And Greatness

See this one also just for laughs. ( I know the guy who wrote these. )
Understanding Neurotypicality

He spelled out the herd mentality perfectly in the latter article!!!

Quote:

I used to make "paintings" by cutting out zillions of minutely detailed bits from paper and "building up" a picture in various layers (I know there's a name for this, but I didn't know anyone else had done it when I first started); I once constructed a picture of a large, spreading Oak tree, one leaf at a time.

It's called Collage and I love to do them too. They're the same as puzzles, piecing fragments together to make a whole, and is another perfect example of "R-B"/creative/intuitive/holistic/whatever thinking.

Quote:

I think language has, in fact, facilitated an explosion of creativity in the human race. While I don't believe in evolution, it can be seen that the boom in mankind's creative expression has accompanied the boom in communications.

I do believe in adaptation and survival of the fittest (to some degree), and it seems perfectly obvious to me that what is called "left brain" thinking has dominated society (via men?) because it is simply the most successful mode of thought. I also argue that it is the most creative in that it is the thinking process that enables people to interface with their environment, ask questions, perform experiments and find solutions to survival problems.

I'm gonna think on this. I agree about the explosion of creativity, but still think it's the holistic thinker that gets the most creative result when using language, etc... I don't agree L-B thinking has dominated society because it's the most successful. I think it's simply been the cheapest method of operation. The abstract is always easier to use in teaching. Doing everything in a concrete, R-B way would tend to slow down the class especially when there's only 1 teacher, 40 students, and no way to get out and do everything in a hands-on manner. This is why so many people are turning to homeschooling so they CAN do everything in a more balanced way. They don't have the same teacher to student ratio that plagues the public schools and can go out on field trips any time they please.

Quote:

I see no evidence that this sort of thinking and the creative, spiritual side are in any way mutually exclusive.

This is what I'm looking for some kind of evidence to support. If the creative inspiration doesn't come from the Brain, and only comes through the Spirit, then perhaps there's really more going on than anyone wants us to know about. For example, the word "psyche" doesn't mean Mind at all; it means SOUL....

If we aren't talkin' Right and Left BRAIN here, that means were discussing the education or lack there-of and the manipulation of the Spirit....

As I said, this really is all Religion to me...

I hope you had fun at the Blues Fest. I miss spending the 4th of July at the Rosslyn Jazz fest by The Key Bridge Marriott...I just sat here, ( in OK ), watching the Boston Pops Fireworks on TV and blubbering like a baby over all the songs and sparklies...

--------------------

mfloyd
FUG Dignitary

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: On the run... Again...
      #420552 - 07/06/04 02:18 AM (148.78.247.10)

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out how to break all of this down into language which, I guess hasn't been used before, or I just can't run across on the internet without it being affiliated with people who also believe in UFO's, ya know? The other terminology I've found is Visual Spatial versus Audio-Sequential...

I like "Anolog" and "Digital." (for the modern age...)
The human brain sees the picture as a whole, whereas the computer sees each individual pixel one at a time....

Burqajoint
Permanent FUG Fixture

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: The grotto at Chateau Burquoi...
      #427189 - 07/10/04 05:06 AM (68.110.251.229)

Quote: LivingGently

I'll quote Mr. Shlain for clarification:

Quote:

" - writing subliminally fosters a pariarchal outlook. Writing of any kind, but especially in it's alphabetic form, diminishes feminine values and with them, women's power in culture. - I propose that a HOLISTIC, SIMULTANEOUS, SYNTHETIC, and CONCRETE view of the world are essential characteristics of a feminine outlook; linear, sequential, reductionist, and abstract thinking defines the masculine.

This man is an idiot and deserves to be stabbed in the thigh with a pencil.

--------------------
Has Hannity been waterboarded yet?

Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: Burqajoint]
      #427379 - 07/10/04 02:38 PM (67.171.131.216)

Quote:

Burqa, succint and insightful! (and I fully agree, although I would substitute a length of rusty rebar for the pencil)

mfloyd
FUG Dignitary

#427799 - 07/11/04 02:51 AM (148.78.249.10)

Quote:

although I would substitute a length of rusty rebar for the pencil)

That reminds me of a cool industrial accident a friend of mine witnessed..

They were bending rebar at the rebar plant and a piece broke off, flew with great speed and force end-over-end through the air hitting a worker in the mouth, breaking through his front teeth and ended up with one end embedded in the roof of his mouth....
(ouch! ouch! ouch!)

Rumblefrog
Mega FUG

Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: mfloyd]
      #427813 - 07/11/04 04:12 AM (67.171.131.216)

Full body shiver and much cringing!

mfloyd
FUG Dignitary

#427867 - 07/11/04 10:14 AM (148.78.247.10)

Quote:

Full body shiver and much cringing!

...especially when you consider that the full force of the blow probably sent tooth fragments into the mouth much like shrapnel from a grenade....

LivingGently
Master FUGer

Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: Burqajoint]
      #427967 - 07/11/04 11:57 AM (68.97.138.34)

Quote:

Quote:

The reason I didn't title this thread after the name of the book, "The Alphabet Versus The Goddess", is because I didn't want people to focus on the male/female, god/goddess, patriarch/matriarch thing. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm researching/trying to figure out, ( WHOOPS!! I forgot, as an artist I'm NOT allowed to DO that, [ See National News Story : ART Is Now Domestic Terrorism?!?!? ] ) .

I'm narrowing down what I AM researching to neurological development and it's going to blow your mind when I finally tell you what I'VE discovered that "THEY" don't want us to know... Anyway, the terms I'm whittling this search down to seem to be "linear' LEARNING versus "wholistic" THINKING....

It's scary .... We've transposed learning for thinking as "that which is good for us". I mean, who would be "ignorant" enough to claim "LEARNING" is BAD for us? Are ya following me, mfloyd?

As a hint: I'm THINKING about what actually creates the neurons and their pathways in the brain versus LEARNING what makes THOSE thinking neurons ACTUALLY weaken and wither away - LITERALLY... ... PHYSICALLY ... ... POOF!!!! GONE!!!! KAPUT!!!

In other words, the government isn't going to like me much - as an ARTIST - either.... Where Steven Kurtz used petri dishes, I used <gasp> my OWN THOUGHTS!!!!

I already copyrighted an article about this, so don't even "think" about using this research.

--------------------

LivingGently
Master FUGer

Re: Bush: The Left-Brained Emporer w/o Any Clothes [Re: mfloyd]
      #427977 - 07/11/04 12:07 PM (68.97.138.34)

That pretty much sums up what I've been THINKING.

That picture WHOLISTICALLY tells everything in a nutshell.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  FredTalkMod, john1315 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1652

Rate this topic

Jump to

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com