vadiamond
(FUG Freshman)
11/03/08 06:19 AM
Is NASCAR More Important Than Our Children

When considering the energy consumed, the waste generated and the negative environmental impact, should we reconsider the value of activities like NASCAR vs the present and future impact on our children's lives?

kracer55
(Super FUG)
11/03/08 06:25 AM
Re: Is NASCAR More Important Than Our Children

No

buffcajun
(Mega FUG)
11/03/08 06:48 AM

Quote:

When considering the energy consumed, the waste generated and the negative environmental impact, should we reconsider the value of activities like NASCAR vs the present and future impact on our children's lives?

Are you talking about the vehicles or the fans?

TommyArashikage
(FUG Professional)
11/03/08 10:46 AM

Quote:

The energy used by people/players going to/from games and lighting ball fields, etc for all the other sports/plays/concerts/recreational activities greatly outweighs that used by NASCAR.

Let's tell people they have to stay home except to drive to/from work.

Troll.

Gt
(FUGmaster Flash)
11/03/08 03:04 PM

Good thing we're not at 'war'.

Ezekiel2517
(FUG Frequent Flyer)
11/03/08 03:12 PM

Quote:

Good thing we're not at 'war'.

Our leaders said to "go shopping." Well, we went racin'.

Gt
(FUGmaster Flash)
11/03/08 03:56 PM

Didn't go racin' - went payin'.

DMClark
(FUG Honcho)
11/03/08 04:02 PM

40 some cars driving around in a circle for a few hours each weekend does absolutely nothing compared to the hundreds of thousands of cars sitting in DC traffic each weekday morning.

That and the marginal benefit provided by nascar, or many other racing series for that matter, negates the environment impact they may have.

vadiamond
(FUG Freshman)
11/03/08 04:25 PM

Quote:

The complete package. NASCAR, the fans, television industry, advertisers, environmental pollution, educational value, etc.

I am not anti-NASCAR, I am just discussing the subject. Our children are facing a much different future than ours. Are we doing right by them by supporting activities (like NASCAR) that may be contributing to the environmental problems they will have to face in their future and after we are not here to justify why we contributed to their problem?

What is the purpose of NASCAR and similar activities like them?

Ezekiel2517
(FUG Frequent Flyer)
11/03/08 04:32 PM

Quote:

I am not anti-NASCAR, I am just discussing the subject. Our children...

$$$ and it's a job for a few thousand people. They don't come down to work and try to knock the dick out of your mouth so why don't you lay off their livelihood?

As for "may be contributing to the environmental problems they will have to face in their future," you enjoy that electricity you're using? You think that comes at zero cost to the environment?

You're obviously trolling so you get the a-hole treatment.

masterbeater
(Mega FUG)
11/03/08 04:33 PM

I'll drink to that.

Gt
(FUGmaster Flash)
11/03/08 06:30 PM

Quote:

Profit?

LastManStanding
(FUGmaster Flash)
11/04/08 10:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The complete package. NASCAR, the fans, television industry, advertisers, environmental pollution, educational value, etc.

I am not anti-NASCAR, I am just discussing the subject. Our children are facing a much different future than ours. Are we doing right by them by supporting activities (like NASCAR) that may be contributing to the environmental problems they will have to face in their future and after we are not here to justify why we contributed to their problem?

Have you considered the economic benefit that NASCAR generates for localities?

If we were to do away with NASCAR, why not do away with all recreaion? I mean what's the point? Is football really different then NASCAR.

Let's do away with them all - and the money they generate.

Come to think of it, let's do away with anything that consumes energy. I mean our children's future depends on it.

LastManStanding
(FUGmaster Flash)
11/04/08 10:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Profit?

Ah, the root of all evil - profit.

rally2xs
(Mega FUG)
11/04/08 11:12 PM

Question doesn't matter. Eventually, when the global warming charlatans have tricked the world's politicians into instituting the cap and trade insanity, there will come to finally be known that some things just simply cannot be accomplished under such a system. Airlines are one of 'em - better build some high speed trains _now_. Another thing is actually having "fans" show up at stadia for all the various sports. Any/all of these can be best seen on TV, without nobody but the actual participants needing to be there. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, rodeos - whatever - it can be televised and save all of the world's remaining $12 / gallon gas. And the TV just projected BHO as the winner, so the likelihood of the environmental restrictions on virtually everything is more likely now. Had that vacation at Yellowstone? Don't count on getting back there (ever.)

E-Mail the FredTalk Admins | Privacy statement (Site Rules and User Agreement) Go to fredericksburg.com